Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help-SMB themes

Default Please help-SMB themes
    I downloaded the themes but dont know where to put them on cute ftp pro

Thumbs up permanent fix for smb theme issue
    here's what the problem is with smb in 113...

all themes (atleast all of my fav ones ) get downloaded in the folder /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes and the program looks up the folder /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes for themes.

therefore, all newly downloaded themes dont show up in the list...leading to the cumbersome method of moving the themes from root to mobile after every download

a simple fix to the above problem is (every step is followed by the code to perform that function)

1. make sure when you start there no new themes (only the default ones)

2. remove the themes directory in the root folder
    Code:
    rm -rf /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    3. create an alias(symbolic link) in the same place which points to the theme directory in mobile
    Code:
    ln -s /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    after this, all the new themes downloaded will go in the right folder and will show up in the app

you can enter these commands from the terminal after sshing into your phone. for mac: terminal can be used, for windows ive head winputty or something like that is great... i personally would suggest to download the termvt-100 app and do is straight on the phone, saves you a little bit of effort

p.s. i claim no responsibility should anything happen to your iphone (though id sure like to know how u managed that )

update: this is exactly what the smb theme fix by bigboss does. but i also read that all the themes have been updated with the correct paths... i wonder why the issue still persists...?
    bigboss beta repo where the SMB Themes Fix can be found is http://iphone.sleepers.net/repobeta.xml
    Last edited by rohank; 2008-02-20 at 09:49 PM.