Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing themes on 1.1.3

Default Installing themes on 1.1.3
    First of all id like to say hi to everyone and thank you in advance for your advice

Basically. I upgraded to 1.1.3 last night and im having trouble installing themes through summerboard.

On my previous firmware, once i downloaded a theme through installer it would be listed in my summerboard application and i could just select it.
    However, i downloaded a couple of themes and they dont seem to be appearing in summerboard although they do appear in installer as items ive downloaded.

Anybody have clues??

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

you cant do it that way on 113 u have 2 ssh em in
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

im having the same problem too, my brother has 1.1.3 also and he can install themes via the installer... what the crack??

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    you cant do it that way on 113 u have 2 ssh em in
    Where do you ssh them into. I tried that as well. It did not work. It did work with 1.1.2 however.

I had the same problem I went to installer under tweaks there should be a fix for 1.1.3....download that you should be good to go!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ssh em in & also change the permissions to theme folder + files inside of the folder to 755. I just did a chmod 777 * on the folder & files inside of folders etc ..

I think there was something you can download from the installer that fixed this. What it did was creat a link from /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes........ to /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

I am new, and of course lost. iphone is JB113. I found several summerboard themes which are not listed in my installer. iBricker 91 says my phone is not jailbroken (it definately is) Is there another safe tool to add summerboard aps from my xp pc? thanks for reading.
    J

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You need to have the installer, then install BSD and OpenSSH. Then you can use something like WinSCP to have access to the file system. You can then download them from MMI & copy them into /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes. Check out some of the MMi Wiki / Guides to do most of this stuff.

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

what i did was i just used mobilefinder and went into var/root/library/summerboard/themes and copied the folder of the theme i wanted and then went into var/mobile/media/library/summerboard/themes and pasted the folder there and done! the themes appered fully functional in summerboard
    Last edited by oldskoolkid13; 2008-02-20 at 07:44 PM.

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

what i did was i just used mobilefinder and went into var/root/library/summerboard/themes and copied the folder of the theme i wanted and then went into var/mobile/media/library/summerboard/themes and pasted the folder there and done! the themes appered fully functional in summerboard

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

To install themes on 1.1.3 using installer.

There is a Smb Theme fix on installer, The Resource is from Big Boss Can't remember the exact address. The fix adds a link to install the theme in the correct spot on 1.1.3 It works perfectly. I found the fix in Tweaks 1.1.3 under Categories.

bigboss beta repo where the SMB Themes Fix can be found is http://iphone.sleepers.net/repobeta.xml
    Last edited by doblezeta; 2008-02-20 at 09:06 PM.