Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with lock screen slider

Default help with lock screen slider
    I was playing around with Customize and Winterboard this morning, tried a few new themes.

I didn't like any of them so I reverted back to the original theme.

However, my lock screen slider is "blank"... the button and text are there but there's no background. Looks like:

I thought I just needed to SSH and replace bottombarbkgndlock.PNG but I did that (someone sent me a clean version) and it still won't reappear.

Help?! It's annoying not having the slider background there.

(I've since removed Customize and Winterboard)

Quote Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
    Help?! It's annoying not having the slider background there.
    I am afraid I can't help you, but I must confess that I actually like the stock slider (or any slider, for that matter) with no background. If you ever find out how to get that effect, please let me know.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Is it maybe a PNG in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app ?

Fixed! I downloaded a program to be able to open the PNG files so I could view them instead of just guessing. (I used fixpngdroplet for Mac)

Then I was able to narrow down the files that weren't working. Someone had sent me their originals so I used them. I had to delete them off my iPhone, "convert" them using fixpng and then re-upload them to iPhone. Then reboot. Now, it's back to normal

Oh, and the files were bottombarbkgnd.png and bottombarbkgndlock.png
    Last edited by cwoody222; 2008-08-31 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Do you still have the files, I was messing with creating a winterboard theme and I copied over the original files