Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Status Bar Time: Any way to change?

  1. #1
    Default Status Bar Time: Any way to change?
    I changed my status bar background to black, so now it's hard to see the time. Is there a way to change the color of the time there to the white like it is on the home screen?

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic opusandbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 305 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by McQuackers View Post
    I changed my status bar background to black, so now it's hard to see the time. Is there a way to change the color of the time there to the white like it is on the home screen?
    this thread will explain how to do it using winterboard: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...-tutorial.html

  3. #3
    Thanks for taking the time to respond, but that guide didn't really help me.
    I've been rooting around in the system/library/coreservices/springboard.app section, and I just can't find what the clock would be called to change it.

    I've also rooted around Customize's categories and I can't find anything named "SBClock" or anything of the sort, so maybe customize just can't change it.

    I've looked through the UIImages on the guide you linked to, but none of them shed any light on the status bar clock, although the theme that you used as an example had a customized status bar time.

  4. #4
    iPhoneaholic opusandbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 305 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by McQuackers View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to respond, but that guide didn't really help me.
    I've been rooting around in the system/library/coreservices/springboard.app section, and I just can't find what the clock would be called to change it.

    I've also rooted around Customize's categories and I can't find anything named "SBClock" or anything of the sort, so maybe customize just can't change it.

    I've looked through the UIImages on the guide you linked to, but none of them shed any light on the status bar clock, although the theme that you used as an example had a customized status bar time.
    it is done by editting the plist of the theme that you are using in winterboard.



    you can change the font type and what color it is.

  5. #5
    Ah ha! I see, said the blind man.

    Where can I find a list of colors supported?

    And is there an option to turn the shadow effect on the time display off? There isn't a shadow when you're at the SpringBoard, but there is when you open up an app.

    /edit
    Scratch the colors, I found a great source here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp
    Last edited by McQuackers; 2008-08-27 at 11:46 PM.

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic opusandbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 305 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by McQuackers View Post
    Ah ha! I see, said the blind man.

    Where can I find a list of colors supported?

    And is there an option to turn the shadow effect on the time display off? There isn't a shadow when you're at the SpringBoard, but there is when you open up an app.
    this is the site were I get the color names: HTML Color Names

    I think that the shadow is actually a png in the springboard app folder. I deleted mine and when I open settings I do not see a shadow.
    try deleting these two pngs: FST_BG.png, FSO_BG.png

    they are located at /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    Last edited by opusandbill; 2008-08-27 at 11:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Nope, still a shadow there. It's miniscule, but so aggravating! Hrawrrrr heh

    I've resigned myself to it. Even on your theme, from a screenie on your UI Images definition guide, the clock has that slight slight white shadow in one of the screens. The kind of pebble status bar you usually have hides it well enough that it's nigh invisible though.

    Oh wells, my phone still looks damn sweet thanks to the folks here at mmi

    Now what to do next with it...
    Last edited by McQuackers; 2008-08-28 at 04:58 AM.

  8. #8
    <key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>color: #white; text-shadow: #000000 0px 0px 2px; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; font-family: Helvetica Neue; margin-top: 4px; margin-left: 14px</string>
    try something like this... where it says text-shadow: #000000

    never messed with status bar font b4, but this works with everything else i mod...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •