Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Other.artwork for 2.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Other.artwork for 2.0
    I didnt upgrade to 2.0 yet ....im thinking about doing it now that video recorder is now available .......one quick question...is the other.artwork file the same in 2.0 that is used in 1.1.4?....Thank you
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Thanks

Nope. Files have been renamed, so none of the old artwork files ever come out right.
    That being said, it's a lot easier to edit other.artwork files now (via winterboard).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice9812 View Post
    I didnt upgrade to 2.0 yet ....im thinking about doing it now that video recorder is now available .......one quick question...is the other.artwork file the same in 2.0 that is used in 1.1.4?....Thank you
    If you are think about ugrading I would read this thread about making a theme for Winterboard. It does a lot more than summerboard could.

By using winterboard you do not actually replace any of the default pngs, this makes it a lot safer to do.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...-tutorial.html

this link has all the keyboard and other.artwork files in it.
    iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - 2.0 UIImages

4. The Following User Says Thank You to opusandbill For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (2008-08-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    Nope. Files have been renamed, so none of the old artwork files ever come out right.
    That being said, it's a lot easier to edit other.artwork files now (via winterboard).
    Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    If you are think about ugrading I would read this thread about making a theme for Winterboard. It does a lot more than summerboard could.

By using winterboard you do not actually replace any of the default pngs, this makes it a lot safer to do.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...-tutorial.html

this link has all the keyboard and other.artwork files in it.
    iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - 2.0 UIImages
    Thank you for the links...but one other question..can it be edited like i did previously in 1.1.4 if i wanted to?....and if so do you have a stock 2.0 other.artwork file you can post?.....thank you again

Thanks

Thank you for the links...but one other question..can it be edited like i did previously in 1.1.4 if i wanted to?....and if so do you have a stock 2.0 other.artwork file you can post?.....thank you again
    if you theme using winterboard all you need to do to get your defaults back is to delete the theme from the theme folder.

Winterboard does replace any of your default pngs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    if you theme using winterboard all you need to do to get your defaults back is to delete the theme from the theme folder.

Winterboard does replace any of your default pngs.
    Thank you for the reply ..but what i want to do is...i have a other.artwork file for 1.1.4 that i have the way i want it...so i want to change the other.artwork file in 2.0 to match what i had in 1.1.4.....so i found i other.artwork fle for 2.0 so now i need to figure out what file is what....do you know of a listing on what does what in the new 2.0 other.artwork?.....here is my other file from 1.1.4 if anyone wants to take a look ......Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Other.artwork file FW 1.1.4 contains 360 png's with names like Other-ver114_0.png
    The Other.artwork file FW 2.0 or FW 2.0.1 contains 497 png's with names like Other-0.png. I don't think the first 360 png's of the new Other.artwork file are exactly the same as the 360 png's of the old Other.artwork file. I hope you understand it is not so easy to do what you want. But you can find enough information in the forum of Modmyifone to do it yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonhaarmans View Post
    The Other.artwork file FW 1.1.4 contains 360 png's with names like Other-ver114_0.png
    The Other.artwork file FW 2.0 or FW 2.0.1 contains 497 png's with names like Other-0.png. I don't think the first 360 png's of the new Other.artwork file are exactly the same as the 360 png's of the old Other.artwork file. I hope you understand it is not so easy to do what you want. But you can find enough information in the forum of Modmyifone to do it yourself.
    Thank you..ya i understand that...ive been editing them for 1.1.4...what i want to do is cross reference them to the 2.0 software.....ive been studying them and i think im getting some of them but the new ones is what i want to find out what they are used for.....artwork scheme them same.....hopefully there will be a listing soon like there was for all the previous versions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonhaarmans View Post
    once again, the 2.0 UIImage file I post contains all the pngs for the keyboard and what is in the other.artwork file.

to skin with winterboard you have to know the actual name of the png not the "other-" that you get when you use some extraction tools.

by the way the file I posted copntains 740 pngs.

If everyone would read this it would explain alot:
    iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Thank you for the reply ..but what i want to do is...i have a other.artwork file for 1.1.4 that i have the way i want it...so i want to change the other.artwork file in 2.0 to match what i had in 1.1.4.....so i found i other.artwork fle for 2.0 so now i need to figure out what file is what....do you know of a listing on what does what in the new 2.0 other.artwork?.....here is my other file from 1.1.4 if anyone wants to take a look ......Thank you
    if you are planning on using winterboard to theme your phone, you will have to use the names that are in the 2.0 file I supplied. you can not use the "other-" names.

as far as I know no one has put together a list yet for 2.0, you would just have to compare the 2 file sets.

Sauriks blog may clear a bunch of things up.
    iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    Last edited by opusandbill; 2008-08-25 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost