Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: transparent icon question. please help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SevenThirteen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default transparent icon question. please help.
    ok so i have some transparent icons that i want to use to replace the app icons. (showtimes, myspace, facebook etc.) they show up in photoshop without a background, however when i replace them using winscp, they show up with a white or black background with the default rounded corners.. how can i change this to make them the way i want...?????

i think i saw a page on here saying where there were certain files to delete in winscp (icon background??) but i cant find that page anymore.;...

please help....
    Last edited by SevenThirteen; 2008-08-23 at 04:38 AM.

hmmm... you need to save them as *.png files which im pretty sure you know... and are you sure the backround is transparent? try creating a new layer and hide all other layers... it should look like some gray and white checker board... put your image on an other layer and you should still see the checkerboard pattern in the background....

your best bet is to open a new file and make sure in the "content" area that transparency is checked...
    "Search" is your friend

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 808mp5 For This Useful Post:

SevenThirteen (2008-08-23)

Thanks

ok i see that its checkerboarded, but ill try it again ill let you know what happens... thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SevenThirteen For This Useful Post:

twalker3rd (2008-08-23)

Thanks

How to get rid of the black shadow behind appstore apps:

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    Ok so i found a much easier way to get rid of the black box and the over lay on your AppStore icons.

In your theme folder make a directory <Your theme>UIImages
    in that sub directory place two blank transparent images in the png format

AppIconOverlay.png
    AppIconShadow.png

they should be 59x60

Respring your phone and its all fixed.

Apparently you can change and image thats in the Other.artwork file just by placing it in the <Your theme>UIImages Directory you just need to have it named correctly here is a link to the name directory

http://test.saurik.com/winterboard/UIImages.txt

Thanks

well neither of those methods worked... maybe im doing it wrong

try opeingin up a new file... set the height and width to 60x60 pixels and background to transparent... put a little text in there just to have something on there... save as a *.png file *should be the name of the icon your trying to replace... put it in your theme/icon folder and respring springboard...

i wonder if it's just your photoshop giving you a hard time cuz i know mine did once with opacity setting until i reinstalled it
    Last edited by 808mp5; 2008-08-23 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Search" is your friend

Thanks

here are the icons i want to use....

i'll try and make them for you right now... and attach them here... if not i'll take this project home cuz im at work right now and almost done... but im subbin to this thread and be back in the morning

*edit.... damn i can't copy the pictures... gonna see if i can print screen... i will make them tonight... might lose the little drop shadows on the movie reel and mouse though
    Last edited by 808mp5; 2008-08-23 at 09:00 AM.
    "Search" is your friend

Thanks

alright sounds good, i really appreciate it man.. i found the icons on this site.. aqwoah i think... im mixing a bunch of icons to personalize my home screen so...

Here ya go.... it was the best i could do considering i got the pics from a screen shot
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Search" is your friend

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 808mp5 For This Useful Post:

SevenThirteen (2008-08-24)

Thanks

no luck still boxes around them.. thanks for trying though

hmmm... that's weird... it must be something up with the phone then... cuz i even tested them out and there's no box on my phone... very interesting...
    bumpin it up for a solution
    "Search" is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    hmmm... you need to save them as *.png files which im pretty sure you know... and are you sure the backround is transparent? try creating a new layer and hide all other layers... it should look like some gray and white checker board... put your image on an other layer and you should still see the checkerboard pattern in the background....

your best bet is to open a new file and make sure in the "content" area that transparency is checked...
    that is correct, the file must be in p.ng format and have a transparent background, sometimes the background can be clear but when it is exported it can go from clear to white to make sure when you're exporting it that the background option is still on clear.
    http://i26.tinypic.com/68hhyh.jpg