Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Danger -- KATE Users -- Danger

Default Danger -- KATE Users -- Danger
    Warning: Users of KATE (v 2.0)

Today, my trail license of KATE was set to expire (and I can not justify $45 on an app that has 1 useful task.. 5 icon dock)

So I went into the settings, and saw a new expiration date of 1/28/2011 and a rather weird crucifix Cross icon.

Hmm, I thought, must be an extension for the Beta, with all the issues people are seeing...

WRONG!
    As soon as I re-sprung my phone, Bam!
    ALL my app icons are Randomly re-arranged!

Not just on a single page, but ALL icons on all Pages moved from page to page randomly.

Thanks for that Mal-ware KATE!

Now I must re-arrange all 80 icons, as KATE saw fit to completely destroy my prior layout.

Maybe someone with real programming skills should offer to work for those Kate jokers...

Later!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know Kate was malware...I'm running Kate and I noticed all my icons rearranged after installing too!

What exacly does this malware do and do I have to restore?

I'm lovin my 5 dock and dock reflections. I'd rather not go through the hassle of restoring if I don't have to...

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini7 View Post
    Warning: Users of KATE (v 2.0)

Today, my trail license of KATE was set to expire (and I can not justify $45 on an app that has 1 useful task.. 5 icon dock)

So I went into the settings, and saw a new expiration date of 1/28/2011 and a rather weird crucifix Cross icon.

Hmm, I thought, must be an extension for the Beta, with all the issues people are seeing...

WRONG!
    As soon as I re-sprung my phone, Bam!
    ALL my app icons are Randomly re-arranged!

Not just on a single page, but ALL icons on all Pages moved from page to page randomly.

Thanks for that Mal-ware KATE!

Now I must re-arrange all 80 icons, as KATE saw fit to completely destroy my prior layout.

Maybe someone with real programming skills should offer to work for those Kate jokers...

Later!

The crucifix is the only part that worries me- otherwise I'd just blame it on being beta software.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny69blaze View Post
    I didn't know Kate was malware...I'm running Kate and I noticed all my icons rearranged after installing too!

What exacly does this malware do and do I have to restore?

I'm lovin my 5 dock and dock reflections. I'd rather not go through the hassle of restoring if I don't have to...

where did you get those nice ATT logos??? i found something similar through cydia, but its not nearly as nice although similar, also where did you get the 3G logo??

i can't get mine to install. it says it's downloaded but no icon apears on my SB. Even after i respring...

hardly worth calling a "danger". back when I had Windows, it happened all the time.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.