Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Confused

Default Confused
    I have already posted this cry for help once on this site i got 52 Views and 0 answers and 0 relpies. so i'm hoping some kind soul can help me out:

Hi im a newbie to this great site .. I'm having trouble downloading summerboards and themes from here.. All i seem to download is a downloads.php file and not the theme file zip rar or anything even if i right click on the download link. Can anyone advise me. Cheers

Edit Poseidon: Moved.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-08-13 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When I go to the "download" section and then to "themes" annd to "summerboard" I don't have any trouble downloading the files at all which are in *.rar format for me. BE more specific as to exactly which files you are trying to download.

Thanks

That's because you need to use the left mouse button on the big blue downloads button. By right clicking, and selecting "Save link as...", that's exactly what you're going to get, the link.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Hi thanks for replying. Well it seems any theme i try to download from the themes section of the site. Here are the 2 steps i take to download. first link shows me a theme i want to download

Downloadable Themes | Apple iPhone School

when i click on a theme im interested in i get a preview of the theme and in that preview window is a link "click Here to download" it takes me to this page here i'm supposed to download the file. this is where i end up clicking on the Download link and getting the php file downloaded

iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - 3D Cartoon Theme for Summerboard -ugene

Thanks

Hi thanks for replying. Well it seems any theme i try to download from the themes section of the site. Here are the 2 steps i take to download. first link shows me a theme i want to download

Downloadable Themes | Apple iPhone School

when i click on a theme im interested in i get a preview of the theme and in that preview window is a link "click Here to download" it takes me to this page here i'm supposed to download the file. this is where i end up clicking on the Download link and getting the php file downloaded

iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - 3D Cartoon Theme for Summerboard -ugene

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    When I go to the "download" section and then to "themes" annd to "summerboard" I don't have any trouble downloading the files at all which are in *.rar format for me. BE more specific as to exactly which files you are trying to download.
    Yes i know that i use my left mouse button.. what i said was that no matter which mouse button i use i get the same effect

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Yes i know that i use my left mouse button.. what i said was that no matter which mouse button i use i get the same effect
    Last edited by zebuk; 2008-08-13 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost