Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove icon text

Default Remove icon text
    Sorry if this is posted somewhere or is too obvious, I did a little searching but to no avail. How do I remove the text below an applications icon on my homescreen? Thanks!!

JGuest

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Stock? Or a new homescreen?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

uhhh.... i don't really know the difference. All my stock icons don't have text. I added the Leopard skin. I want to take the text off Terminal, Installer, Launcher, and NES. How do I go about doing this?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Did you create the skin using our skinner? The Leopard skin if it has text, h as it built into the images, so you'd have to change it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

When i open the png for Installer.app, the icon.png file, it doesn't have the text in the picture, but it still shows up on my wallpaper.

Follow this guide Here and instead of renaming the app, just delete the name text inside the <> </> and reupload to your phone. Worked for me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j00sh For This Useful Post:

jguest (2007-08-20), mr_giggles (2011-03-08)

Well this was really handy in helping me fix a theme. One question though; is there any way to annote the script so I can leave the original code in the file? In flash if you surround code with <!--> it deactivates that particular bit of code, but leaves it in place which is really handy to refer back to. Anything like that in these XML files?
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

for some reason, all get renamed to nothing (like i wanted) except maps, camera, photos and ipod. can somebody email me there localizedapplicationnames.strings file? [email protected]

i'd appreciate it. thanks in advance!!