Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH Wallpaper

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default SSH Wallpaper
    I searched and couldn't find anything, so if this is already posted.. sorry. I want to SSH into my phone and manually put in a wallpaper on my homescreen (NOT lockscreen wallpaper).. where is the location I need to put this file and is it just Wallpaper.png ?

Thanks!
    Last edited by cockyjeremy; 2008-08-07 at 12:03 PM.

You can't just swap a file for the black background on your SpringBoard. You have to install a skinning type program like the AMAZING Winterboard (still growing,changing,and becoming more powerful by the day) to do this. Then all you do is create your Wallpaper.png put it in the themes file (that you create through SSH) and you have what you are looking for. Check out the Winterboard post for more info
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...mmerboard.html

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah. Damn. I was hoping to not use that junk again. Last time i used Winterboard i couldn't delete my lockscreen and change it out, or my slider.

im looking for this too, there has to be a file we can change that replaces the wallpaper behind the icons.

^^There is not. Its a script required to allow the image to be seen, basically. There is no default "background" wallpaper.

Am i missing something here? When i go to settings and change the wallpaper to a picture that i have stored on my phone, it changes the background behind the icons???

Isnt this what they are trying to do?

Why not just sync your phone with itunes with the pic that you are talking about, then select it as your wallpaper?

no,,,when you go settings you change the lock background,,,,,, or change the wallpaper if you have in winterboard the option user wallpaper

Read your reply wrong! I see what you mean now, only works if you select user wallpaper in winterboard

thats what i meant,,, im sorry i forgot write "select" is that my english is bad-bad