Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can Icon Labels be hidden on a Jailbroken iPhone 3G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool Can Icon Labels be hidden on a Jailbroken iPhone 3G?
    Hello everyone,

I've customized my Jailbroken iPhone 3G to look the way i would want to keep it for a long time (until i find another great theme).

One more thing i would love to do is to hide the icon labels. I have WinterBoard and Customize installed in my phone but neither app allows you to do that (at least i dont think so) I've heard that Winterboard may allow you to do so; however, i dont know how.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this? if so would you mind sharing the info? or maybe a link to a page that may show users how.

Thanks in advance!

Will V.

yes winterboard lets you do it.

SSH into your phone and go into library/themes then the one that came with winterboard and open the file info.plist

now you will see 2 strings called UndockedIconLabelStyle and DockedIconLabelStyle

at the end of those strings one will say white and the other a diff name i forget... change them both to "transparent"

the other 2 strings you can delete if you want.. it changes the title bar of all apps from blue to black which i didnt like, and the other changes the font of the clock on the top of the springboard screen. up to you. you can modify them or delete them to go back to default.

now after you modify that file, make a copy of it and put that copy into each theme folder you want it to apply to. if you have 5 themes you'll put a copy in each of the 5 theme folders.

i was surprised how easy it was to do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

stylin97,

Thank you for the fast response! and I cant believe how "easy" i was! is a done deal labels are gone and i did delete the other 2 strings as well. (thanks for the tips)

Take care and thanks again!

Will V.

Default One app?
    Can this be done with just one application? I just need one applications name hodden. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Poof with SBSettings is a lot easier. Just tap on the "more" option and you'll see it. Really easy.

Default icon label
    isnt that to just hide the entire app. i need just the name hidden. the icon label i mean. from an app store application. thank you. sorry for the confusion

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried the app in Cydia called Rename?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There should be an option in Winterboard for that.