Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help grabbing images.

Default Help grabbing images.
    Hi there,

First post here.

I did search for an answer before posting this but can't seem to find one.

Using a first generation iPhone unlocked and jail broken via Pwonage 2.0.1, iPhone Software 2.0, Mac OS10.5.4, Photoshop CS3.

I'm attempting to make a custom theme primarily for myself, but I may release it as well. Using Winterboard I've been able to create most of the Springboard items. I've even gone so far as to create battery images and a LockScreen background and upload them via Transmit sFTP straight to the phone. They work well also.

I'd like to continue this theme to be VERY inclusive covering most aspects of the phone. However, I need to see image sizes (and content at times) in order to recreate the image for my theme.

The problem: Whenever I use sftp to grab images (png and/or jpg) from the phone and attempt to open the images in Photoshop, Preview, or Graphics Converter, I get an error message: "Image may be corrupt.", "Photoshop can not parse this image.", and Preview just shows a question mark.

Does anyone know a way to take images from application packages on the phone to Mac OSX and have them work in any application?

I'm not referring to .artwork files. Thanks to the thread here I've got those extracting. What I mean are images inside places like Springboard.app/ and other areas that contain .png to .jpg images.

I should add that I've purposely not installed Customize 2 because it creates many issues with the 2.0 software. This is why I'm sFTP'ing image to the phone directly. Images I upload work great. Images I download are always corrupt. I have tried both Binary and ASCii transfers with no luck.

Thanks

Thanks

you need to get the app call FixPngDroplet.app from here:

Fix iPhone png FixPngDroplet - ModMyI - Wiki

you will then leave the app on your desktop and after pulling the png file off your phone you will drop it on top of the app, you will get a message just click ok. You will then be able to open the png in photoshop.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Works like a charm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanx alot man...