Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] Lock Wallpaper cannot be changed after using Customize Themes

Lightbulb [SOLUTION] Lock Wallpaper cannot be changed after using Customize Themes
    FIX FOR LOCK WALLPAPER NOT CHANGABLE ANYMORE AFTER USING THEMES

Let me (iAddict) put this up straight in hope to clear the confusions.

[PROBLEM]
    You cannot change your wallpaper using the iPhone's Original Settings Menu after trying to set the lock wallpaper (or applying themes) using Customize, Winterboard or other themes

[CAUSE]
    Customize or theme applications probably messed up your lock screen wallpaper because it doesn't apply the correct file permissions. Therefore, the wallpaper file cannot be overwritten by the system when you try to change it in the settings menu.

[SOLUTION]
    - Open SSH and connect to your device (Read the guides if you don't know how)

- Go to this directory and delete /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg on your phone.

- Go to iPhone's Settings>Wallpaper and select any new wallpaper

- Try and see if the new wallpaper is in place!

Good Luck & use click Thank you button if you find this helpful! Credits to numerous forum members as well
    Use the "Thank you" option if someone helped you solve your problems!

Migrated from Windows Mobile to iPhone 3G.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iAddict For This Useful Post:

AndyMan51 (2008-11-25), beodom (2009-01-29), Bobeder (2008-08-04), Dust Busta (2008-08-11), HazzyMcPiff (2008-08-22), jamezzz122 (2008-08-20), joshuo (2008-08-04), nascasho (2008-08-04), piratezmbie (2008-08-18), Reality (2008-08-04), Talynrider (2008-08-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked Great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you much! I actually restored a week ago or so because i got so annoyed by this.. and restored to a backup of my phone.. and it didn't even fix it. Haha. Thanks for this!

Sorry for the noob question, but do I need just OpenSSH and BSD Subsystem installed on my iPhone or just OpenSSH. I was going to do this fix but wasn't sure on how to use SSH. The guide here at MMi says that I need to two things installed but I can only find OpenSSH on Cydia. Thanks!

it should be on cydia...if not try on installer? maybe youve already installed it?
    BSD subsystem comes with cydia i think..good luck

Default Fix permissions on the iPhone itself
    I was able to fix the LockBackground on my iPhone itself by downloading 'terminal' from cydia (under terminal category).

open up terminal and type:

su root (password alpine)

chmod 777 /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg

permissions should be fixed whereever you are without having to go home and fix it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chromecast For This Useful Post:

rehtaehy73 (2008-08-23)

Quote Originally Posted by chromecast View Post
    I was able to fix the LockBackground on my iPhone itself by downloading 'terminal' from cydia (under terminal category).

open up terminal and type:

su root (password alpine)

chmod 777 /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg

permissions should be fixed whereever you are without having to go home and fix it.
    I'm a noob to the iPhone scene (so soz in advance), but heads up location does not exist....IE /Library through var from [root] shows folders not files? I'm running latest FW (as of post date)? Wallpaper not updating on lock screen since I chose "User wallpaper" in winterboard?....It did show both, until I decided to change the image (in settings_wallpaper) again? Now I have my chosen wallpaper in homescreen, but black (neutral) in lockscreen?

BTW....I'm using an iPhone 3G
    Last edited by NarkyMark; 2009-02-28 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost