Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 2.1.0 for FW2.0 is available

Many Thanks spicy!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ill wait till there is a freeboard or summerboard
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

i don't see Customize in my cydia?! are we talking about 2.0FW too? i cant SSH in unless i use iphone browser and that doesnt open customize when i use it with iphonebrowser.. am i missing a source?
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

Thanks
    ok i have read and followed every post in this topic, i ssh into my 2g phone, put hte customize.app folder in var/stash/applications.gjkwhsjkg, or w/e file extension that is, set permissions and everything, and i dont even have the customize app -on my phonoe- the icon for customize doesnt show up, -nothing-, but im not too worried about it really, ill just wait for a safe version of customize to be on Cydia, plus ive got my phone pretty customized w/o customize just from SSHing and replace sounds and pictures myself
    Iphone 3G, unlocked & activated.
    Windows XP SP3.
    T-Mobile.

Have you tryed restarting your phone ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

There must be something really screwy with the way springboard wallpaper is set in fw2.0.

Can I get some confirmation on whether or not anyone has actually applied a custom wallpaper to springboard? I'm quite happy with other theme elements applying properly.

Thanks

Customize has never been able to apply a wallpaper on the springboard anyway
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Default Mmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Customize has never been able to apply a wallpaper on the springboard anyway
    Interesting because the option is clearly there...just must not be 100% implemented yet. Errors out when attempting to copy whichever image you select as the springboard wallpaper. Here's where you can find that option in case you haven't noticed it:

Customize images/sound---->Wallpaper----->Choose whichever Theme set wallpaper---->Click Apply--------> Copy Result: Encountered an error copying the files.

So, apparently it does set springboard wallpaper. Perhaps this is a new feature that wasn't in previous versions you've used?
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    Interesting because the option is clearly there...just must not be 100% implemented yet. Errors out when attempting to copy whichever image you select as the springboard wallpaper. Here's where you can find that option in case you haven't noticed it:

Customize images/sound---->Wallpaper----->Choose whichever Theme set wallpaper---->Click Apply--------> Copy Result: Encountered an error copying the files.

So, apparently it does set springboard wallpaper. Perhaps this is a new feature that wasn't in previous versions you've used?

it sends it to summerboard.summerboard applies the paper to springboard.
    thats why it has summerboard options on it.
    no summerboard yet so no wallpaper!

freeboard might be able to i never messed with it, but thats not working yet.
    Last edited by stereo313; 2008-07-29 at 10:25 PM.
    THANK OR DIE

i've got the program to run and to install themes..
    it just doesn't seem to work when i try to apply the themes to my device...

Thanks

Ahhh....if it's the case that it sends to summerboard to handle the springboard wallpaper, then mine is functioning as it should be. I'll just hold tight. =)
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

will this version change app store icons?

Quote Originally Posted by revroy View Post
    will this version change app store icons?

not yet im sure it will though
    THANK OR DIE

I can't wait! Or I guess I can, since I'd rather wait till it's on Cydia then SSH in and set permissions. Hope I don't have to wait too long!
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Everything works fine for me (3G iPhone) but when i download some things customize crashes before the download finishes
    iLive an iLife

hey guys newb question ....Im on vista and i know how to use WinSCP and access my phone with openssh but how do i set permissions?
    thanx and sorry for the stupid question.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Alright, having spent a few hours on getting Customize to work properly, I thought I would share my knowledge. As I now have it working with no issues (well... one minor one). I, in fact, have customize 2.1.1 installed. I initially had the "offline" error where files couldn't be found or what not; I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. Finally figured that one out. I can download and apply themes without any problems.... so, here's what I did:

Used WinSCP to copy the Customize.app folder to the private/var/stash/Applications folder.

Right clicked the folder after the copy and selected Properties. The permissions was already set to 0755, so I just checked the "recursive" box and hit okay.

Resprung.

Had the icon to launch Customize, but every launch crashed. It was here that I failed to realize that I had to register with the customizeapp website, which I did.

Resprung.

Went ahead and opened up MobileTerminal and did a su root. After that I entered chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize_ and killed the Terminal.

Resprung.

Now, when I ran customize this time. I kept getting the "offline" error where files weren't able to be found. So, I could download themes, just not apply them. And for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out for a loooooooong time. But I remembered something about the fake digital signing of apps not offered through Cydia, so...

I then opened up MobileTerminal and entered ldid +S /Applications/Customize.app/Customize and resprung. Once I did that, I no longer got the offline error and was able to download and apply themes.

Like I said, I spent a few hours trollilng through forums for some answers to that problem, and the rest of them, and this is one I came up with. And it works. So I hope this helps any of you who are still having problems, or those who think they might want to just wait till it hits Cydia because of all the "bugs". Not really bugs I think, just takes some tweaking. Oh, and that minor issue I mentioned before: after I fake signed the app, Customize seems a tad... tad... sluggish. I don't know. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Side note: backgrounds/wallpapers don't seem to apply, but everything else does as far as icons, sliders, lock screen, etc. etc.
    Last edited by BigFloppyPEN15; 2008-07-30 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigFloppyPEN15 For This Useful Post:

ixbilalxi (2008-07-30), jwaschbisch (2008-07-30)

why dont people just go the actual site for support...it amazes me...
    Customize 2.0 Forum • View forum - 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by martyotaku View Post
    hey guys newb question ....Im on vista and i know how to use WinSCP and access my phone with openssh but how do i set permissions?
    thanx and sorry for the stupid question.
    as for you...
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows
    Last edited by skiez; 2008-07-30 at 01:23 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

@DirtyBird1977

Thats all I want to do is change my system strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Everything works fine for me (3G iPhone) but when i download some things customize crashes before the download finishes
    I have the same issue with a 3g any help on this?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast