Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] Open Other.artwork on 2.0 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    I am not showing this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPythonPythonCore2.5
    can anyone help me out plz?
    If you're on Vista, it's in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Python\Pyt honCore\2.5\ . I couldn't actually get this process to work in Vista (had to switch to XP)

Quote Originally Posted by namforza View Post
    ---> Building zlib with target all
    Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org _release_ports_archivers_zlib/work/zlib-1.2.3" && make all " returned error 127
    Command output: sh: make: command not found

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: freetype zlib jpeg python25 gettext expat libiconv gperf ncurses ncursesw
    Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

I'm Mac User and I got this error when type "sudo /opt/local/bin/port install py25-pil" in Terminal please help
    I had the same problem on Mac as well.
    Last edited by lopbird33; 2008-07-28 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok i found mine in CURRENT_USER and when we right click and select a new key don't we have to name is something? cuz mine is named New Key #1 so I'm thinking that's why it's still not working.

ive read the windows instructions went step by step and this is the error i get. ive been able to export with the iphoneshop gui but i cant export or import doing it this way. do you know why i am getting this error. nobody seems to know or maybe some just arent helping. thanks for your time.

Ciphone>python ./iphone20-artwork.py -export Other.artwork ./img
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./iphone20-artwork.py"' line 40, in <module>
    import PIL.Image
    ImportError: No module named PIL.Image

...can you tell python was a bad choice of language yet? XP

*waits for Java or Cocoa port*

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    ok i found mine in CURRENT_USER and when we right click and select a new key don't we have to name is something? cuz mine is named New Key #1 so I'm thinking that's why it's still not working.
    when yoiu installed python there is a radio box that says all users or just this user

you prob selected the only this user
    uhm, for the most part this should not effect anything, just follow the steps and it should work jsut fine, but if it does not, just simply uninstall and reinstall and you should have it. should look something like this (please ignore the bad mspaint editing hehehe)

__________________________________________________ ____________

Quote Originally Posted by jags828 View Post
    ive read the windows instructions went step by step and this is the error i get. ive been able to export with the iphoneshop gui but i cant export or import doing it this way. do you know why i am getting this error. nobody seems to know or maybe some just arent helping. thanks for your time.

C:iphone>python ./iphone20-artwork.py -export Other.artwork ./img
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./iphone20-artwork.py"' line 40, in <module>
    import PIL.Image
    ImportError: No module named PIL.Image
    out of all the files in your img folder, is there a PIL.Image file? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but check it out, that could be what is messing everything up.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Quote Originally Posted by apathy96 View Post
    Do you guys know what number the home screen background is? The all black one? I changed Other-5 and Other-6 and apparently those are not them. Was wondering if one of you all knew which one to change.
    I am having the same problem, i thought those were what i needed to change, but there apparently is something else. once i find it out i will let you know, and if you find out, you should let me know i am also trying to add my own wallpaper, but when i try to get the wallpaper that is in the root/library/wallpaper directory it never lets me preview it to see the size taht it needs to be or anything T_T is there a better way to do this that anyone knows of? all the wallpaper tutorials that i find are for video wallpapers and stuff that is not available for the 2.0 framework T_T

Regards,
    Strider
    Last edited by ggaimbot; 2008-07-28 at 11:28 PM.

no there is not a PIL.Image file. the guide doesnt say anyhting about having anything but the artwork file in the img folder for export.is there a PIL.Image file im missing? i have installed the PIL-1.1.6win32-py2.5 is that the PIL.Image file? and i just tried putting that into the imgae folder same error.

ok yeah thx I found it, but when I go to Extract the cmd flashes and opens a folder Other-Extracted and it's empty. What am I doing wrong? also in cmd what do I have to type exactly to get it to change to C:iphone? if you could edit it on 1st post cuz it doesn't make sense to me plz?
    ok now I am getting this when I enter python ./iphone20-artwork.py -export Other.artwork ./img
    This app can only export and import the following files:
    Other.artwork awww I know this sux but I was hoping it would work on 1.1.4 as well lol nm
    Last edited by laz305; 2008-07-29 at 02:29 AM.

With Mac OS-X 10.4.11 installed, I followed secure your installation guide and got an error after typing: sudo /opt/local/bin/port install py25-pil:

Last login: Mon Jul 28 17:54:08 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    ahj-haarmans-power-mac-g5:~ ahjh$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install py25-pil
    WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
    or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
    typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
    ---> Fetching zlib
    ---> Attempting to fetch zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2 from zlib Home Site
    ---> Verifying checksum(s) for zlib
    ---> Extracting zlib
    ---> Applying patches to zlib
    ---> Configuring zlib
    Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org _release_ports_archivers_zlib/work/zlib-1.2.3" && make all " returned error 127
    Command output: sh: line 1: make: command not found

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: freetype zlib jpeg python25 gettext expat libiconv gperf ncurses ncursesw
    ahj-haarmans-power-mac-g5:~ ahjh$

I saw other users above with the same error....

I am sure I did not make a mistake.

On my Powerbook with Mac OS-X 10.5.4, X11, X11SDK, XcodeTools installed, I have retried your Manual and everything goes fine! During installing of py25-pil with MacPorts I got two errors type 1, but there was no effect on the artwork files I changed succesfully. I have changed the other three artwork files too, without any problems!
    Last edited by tonhaarmans; 2008-07-31 at 01:45 PM. Reason: I tried again on my Powerbook with Mac OS-X 10.5.4

Quote Originally Posted by tonhaarmans View Post
    With Mac OS-X 10.4.11 installed, I followed secure your installation guide and got an error after typing: sudo /opt/local/bin/port install py25-pil:

Last login: Mon Jul 28 17:54:08 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    ahj-haarmans-power-mac-g5:~ ahjh$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install py25-pil
    WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
    or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
    typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
    ---> Fetching zlib
    ---> Attempting to fetch zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2 from zlib Home Site
    ---> Verifying checksum(s) for zlib
    ---> Extracting zlib
    ---> Applying patches to zlib
    ---> Configuring zlib
    Command output: sh: line 1: make: command not found

ahj-haarmans-power-mac-g5:~ ahjh$

I saw other users above with the same error....

I am sure I did not make a mistake.
    I got the same error...is there no way to run this without Python?

For anyone having problems or wish to use java version, I updated iphoneshop 0.8 to 1.0 supporting artwork files from firmware 1.0.2 to 2.0.0.
    Just search iphoneshop 1.0 by massimo23

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry I haven't had a whole lot of free time over the last few days to look at errors. Feel free to email me (philipbrown77 (at) hotmail (dot) com) a zipped folder with all your images and I will import and send the back as soon as I can...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to killian For This Useful Post:

PeterToo (2008-07-30), tonhaarmans (2008-07-31)

massimo23 you are definitely my new God.

Quote Originally Posted by killian View Post
    Sorry I haven't had a whole lot of free time over the last few days to look at errors. Feel free to email me (philipbrown77 (at) hotmail (dot) com) a zipped folder with all your images and I will import and send the back as soon as I can...
    Yesterday I have installed Mac OS X 10.5.4 on a Powerbook. I have installed X11, X11SDK, XCodeTool (part of xcode_3.0 from the Apple site). I have secure followed your manual in this article and I am happy to tell everything works fine! I have successful changed the Other.artwork file and the other 3 artwork files too! Importing and exporting was very fast.

With Firmware 1.1.4 I often used Artworker 1.1.4 but that program does not work with the three artwork files in UIKit.framework with Firmware 2.0.

Thanks for this manual !

(1. The reason it did not work earlier is that I tried your manual on a PowerMac G5 with Mac OS-X 10.4.11 installed. A warning if you try to install on Mac OS-X 10.4 would be nice.

2. I got two errors status 1 during installing py25.pil with the Macports on the Powerbook with Mac OS-X 10.5.4 but it did not effect the artwork files. If somebody is interested I can email the log-file during installing in the Terminal)

Ton Haarmans ahjh [at] kabelfoon [dot] nl
    Last edited by tonhaarmans; 2008-07-31 at 01:25 PM.

i hope everyone that want to gets to see this post. it helped me make the final two changes that make my iphone feel like my own finally; removing the black bar on the lock screen, and those glaring page circles on the springboard... (other-227, other-266, other-267...)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kaician For This Useful Post:

tonhaarmans (2008-08-02)

It looks like XCodeTools 3.0 or 3.1 have to be installed if you use a Mac with Mac OS-X 10.5. If you have not installed this, you cannot not follow this manual.

You cannot make images 227, 266 and 267 complete transparant, in that case they will appear complete white on the springboard. You can paint a transparant image with a black brush while you have chosen an opacity of 1%. In that case they do not appear white on the springboard. Image 28 in the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork is also an image that you should not make complete transparant.

I have desaturated most of the knobs, keyboards and bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0011.png   -img_0010.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help with editing, using Gimp
    First, great job, great tutorial.
    Second, sorry if posted in wrong group.

Can get everything to work (upload, download of art files, etc). However I can not figure out how to save my edited images with the layers correctly in order for them to show properly. I read the part about transparent staying transparent and adding 1 black layer (w/Adobe) setting the fill to 1 or 0. I cant figure this out using Gimp (win-2.4.6). Any help would be greatly appreciated or pointing me in the right direction.

-Orv

+++++++++
    iphone 3g 16gb
    Jailbroken
    WinXP(sp3)

Quote Originally Posted by killian View Post

If you would like is the Other.artwork file with the black bar transparent drop me a pm with your email and I will send it to you.
    Could you just tell me what image to edit, please.

I have an artwork file that i want to place on my phone but it is on my computer and does not come up on my customize list of artworks how can i get it on my phone from my PC or mac i know the folder is /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/ and i just replace it but what program do i use to do so on pc and or mac iam runing 2.0 and the artwork is for 2.0 PLEASE HELP...Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    could u make one with transparent bar on lock screen but with black bar for the apps please?

Thanks a lot for this guide, very well done. It's always great to see some people sharing their kowledge and helping other users.

Still, I'm on Vista and, unfortunately, I couldn't get Iphoneshop or the command line to work.

All I want, is about the same thing as cyrus upthere, but ONLY the lockscreen bar transparent. I managed to find one, but it has been modified for Winterboard and I lost the icons rounded corners (wich is not very pretty, and I don't feel like modding every icon for each app I'll install)...

If anyone could get me a simple transparent bar on lockscreen, that would be wonderful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast