Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Change Black Background Homescreen Springboard without Summerboard or iSwitche

Default How to Change Black Background Homescreen Springboard without Summerboard or iSwitche
    Hai Guys, i want to ask you ? How to Change Black Background Homescreen Springboard without Summerboard or iSwitcher. b'coz i want to change black background homescreen with my photo background. i really confused and where is located the file black background homescreen. Plz Help Me Guys.....i'm really appreciated......Thx alot and i Love MMi Forum.

Cheers,

HUMVEE

Why cant you just install summerboard and use that? As far as I know you cant. The themes you see that were prior to summerboard actually put part of the background into each icon. You are locked down to those icons always being in the same place, not scrolling, and you can never delete or remove one.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

dlubbat (2008-01-14), HUMVEE (2008-01-11)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Why cant you just install summerboard and use that? As far as I know you cant. The themes you see that were prior to summerboard actually put part of the background into each icon. You are locked down to those icons always being in the same place, not scrolling, and you can never delete or remove one.
    Thx BigBoss For ur sugesst....

Guys Any idea about this case....Thx again....

Cheers.

I actually need to know this as well, since I can't find summerboard in my installer list (refreshed many many times, added pretty much all known sources, etc). It's just not there. No-freakin'-where.

I couldn't get the NES app either, that's not there. I managed to install it manually, however, so not all is lost.

I swear, it sucks having all of these apps that I don't want and never will want availiable to me and not having the ones I actually jailbroke for in the list. This sucks. And on top of that, it takes like more than five minutes to refresh my sources.

Also, I have three different updates for gpSPhone and they're all the exact same, and are a lower version number than what I'm currently using. What's up with that?

Okay, I downloaded iSwitcher. How can I have my custom wallpaper act as the background of my home screen, like one would assume a wallpaper would work? All I want is to see my wallpaper behind my springboard instead of just the lock screen, and I'm having to go through too many random problems to do it. This sucks.

(I would have just consulted their site for that information, but it's down).

Edit: HOLY **** THE WORLD IS AGAINST ME. I just looked at google's cache of their wiki, and iSwitcher requires Summerboard to be installed for the feature I want to work. GAH. Well, I guess this makes iSwitcher entirely pointless to me. *sigh*
    Last edited by J Paul; 2008-01-17 at 09:37 AM.

I want to know how to do this because summerboard makes my perfectly fast phone scroll slowly, and I don;t want that. I think there is no way to do that unless there is (or someday will be) an app to do that without SB.

I feel a bit silly asking, but i a new to this iphone stuff..
    So i dont know if its because im running a windows os and not mac but when i go to my commputer and such, my iphone shows my pictures only..

so i am assuming this makes it difficult for me if i want to change my homescreen background and all the rest.
    Summerboard wont help me in my situation will it?

Dont hate the nub ><

and i have just realised this is a very old thread lol.

Summerboard is out now, the new in is Winterboard. =)
    If all you want is to set a picture for your background on homescreen, just download Winterboard from Cydia and set background to wallpaper.

does it have the same installing process as summerboard?
    Because that seemed to be my min issue, is that i dont know how to get tot the file locations on my iphone through navigating in 'my computer'.

I wish i had the money to buy a mac lol.