Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Carrier Logos on FW 2.0

  1. #1
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Carrier Logos on FW 2.0
    I have been trying to find out how to change the carrier logo on my 3G iPhone but idk what to do anymore, ive edited plists and everything i could think of. How the hell do you do it??
    iLive an iLife

  2. #2
    This is why I am waiting because everything is moved and no one knows where anything is yet!
    30+ Apps Installed And Going
    1.1.4 8GB Iphone
    Jailbraked using Ziphone !!!

  3. #3
    On a 1gen iphone running 2.0 pwnd on AT&T it is located in
    System/Library/CarrierBundles/ATT_US.bundle
    Files are still called: Default_Carrier_ATT.png and FSO_Carrier_ATT.png
    Here's a shot of mine.-demo.jpg
    witty statement here...oh there it is.

  4. #4
    iPhoneaholic opusandbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 305 Times in 60 Posts

    you can also install "makeitmine" from cydia. It has been upgraded for 2.0

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgennt View Post
    On a 1gen iphone running 2.0 pwnd on AT&T it is located in
    System/Library/CarrierBundles/ATT_US.bundle
    Files are still called: Default_Carrier_ATT.png and FSO_Carrier_ATT.png
    Here's a shot of mine.-demo.jpg
    mmm actually the files are named:
    Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png and because it's a *nix based file system correct case isn't just important it's critical

    AFWIW: The carrier logos are in the exact same place as 1.1.4

  6. #6
    Good call on the upper case. But hopefully I still helped someone.
    witty statement here...oh there it is.

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the clouds.
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Hmm
    How do we work out which bundle the phone decides to use if we're not on ATT?

    I'm on Voda UK and it just says vodefone UK and doesnt show the carrier bundle images. I gues there is a code for each network it checks against, how do i work it out for mine to find the right bundle to enable?
    NeO
    iPhone 2G 2.2 8GB - VodaUK
    |OSX86 10.5.6|Win 7|Win XP|Win Vista Ult|

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    How do we work out which bundle the phone decides to use if we're not on ATT?

    I'm on Voda UK and it just says vodefone UK and doesnt show the carrier bundle images. I gues there is a code for each network it checks against, how do i work it out for mine to find the right bundle to enable?
    I would also like to know this, guys. I'm on Vodafone and all that appears is scrolling text. I would like to put the Vodafone logo, but I don't figure it out where to put it. I've tried every single folder and nothing...

    Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the clouds.
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Solution
    Quote Originally Posted by catallin View Post
    I would also like to know this, guys. I'm on Vodafone and all that appears is scrolling text. I would like to put the Vodafone logo, but I don't figure it out where to put it. I've tried every single folder and nothing...

    Thank you in advance.

    Ok, I found the solution, you need to find your MCC and MNC (Mobile Carrier Code and Mobile Network Code, respectively) in the Field Test App.

    Then you need to make a symbolic link in the "Carrier Bundles.bundle" that links to the bundle you want to use (I.E. DEFAULT_VODA or something)

    the name of the symbolic link has to be the MCC and MNC like so:

    5 digits, MCC is 3 digits, MNC is 2 digits, if MNC is only 1 digit add 0 to beginning.

    Name like so XXXYY, for example, I'm on Voda UK, MCC is 234, MNC is 15.

    Symbolic link is named "23415" .... you should find a whole load of others with similar numbers in the same location.

    For Voda UK, use the one I have attached and link like so:

    Goto /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/

    Copy the vodafone bundle in the zip to there,

    then do in terminal:

    Code:
    ln -s Voda_UK_custom.bundle 23415
    restart your phone and it will show the icons i included which happen to be text in this case: "Voda UK", don't be fooled though, it's an image, replace the ones in the bundle with your own. and restart again and you're sorted.


    For other networks and finding your MCC and MNC do:

    go to phone, dial *3001#12345#*, Field Test app opens, follow GMS Cell Environment > Cell Information > Service Cell >| Mobile Country Code is MCC and Mobile Network Code is MNC, write them down, edit the bundle I attached and send to phone as described.

    If there is huge trouble doing this and I have time I will make a commented version of the files to help with editing etc and a better guide, if there is interest.


    P.S. Contrary to what many other people say, the image oesn't have to be a fixed size, here is the one I have made for my iphone, attached below.

    Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alias_neo; 2008-09-10 at 01:25 AM. Reason: P.S.
    NeO
    iPhone 2G 2.2 8GB - VodaUK
    |OSX86 10.5.6|Win 7|Win XP|Win Vista Ult|

  10. #10
    It can be changed through Customize but only theme that are available on Customize. If anyone can just help me find out how to put things manulay in Customize via SSH so that we can choose it over thier ? And this help also to keep same carrier even if we chnage, or travel etc...

    Any one can help ?

    thanks

  11. #11
    ive tried this on my tmobile iphone and i cannot get it to work i eve tried to get it from the tmobile folder.bundle in the bundles. nothing.

  12. #12
    Is there a new way to do this:

    Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    Ok, I found the solution, you need to find your MCC and MNC (Mobile Carrier Code and Mobile Network Code, respectively) in the Field Test App.

    Then you need to make a symbolic link in the "Carrier Bundles.bundle" that links to the bundle you want to use (I.E. DEFAULT_VODA or something)

    the name of the symbolic link has to be the MCC and MNC like so:

    5 digits, MCC is 3 digits, MNC is 2 digits, if MNC is only 1 digit add 0 to beginning.

    Name like so XXXYY, for example, I'm on Voda UK, MCC is 234, MNC is 15.

    Symbolic link is named "23415" .... you should find a whole load of others with similar numbers in the same location.

    For Voda UK, use the one I have attached and link like so:

    Goto /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/

    Copy the vodafone bundle in the zip to there,

    then do in terminal:

    Code:
    ln -s Voda_UK_custom.bundle 23415
    restart your phone and it will show the icons i included which happen to be text in this case: "Voda UK", don't be fooled though, it's an image, replace the ones in the bundle with your own. and restart again and you're sorted.


    For other networks and finding your MCC and MNC do:

    go to phone, dial *3001#12345#*, Field Test app opens, follow GMS Cell Environment > Cell Information > Service Cell >| Mobile Country Code is MCC and Mobile Network Code is MNC, write them down, edit the bundle I attached and send to phone as described.

    If there is huge trouble doing this and I have time I will make a commented version of the files to help with editing etc and a better guide, if there is interest.


    P.S. Contrary to what many other people say, the image oesn't have to be a fixed size, here is the one I have made for my iphone, attached below.

    Enjoy
    for 2.2FW, cause I can't get it working

  13. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the clouds.
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    I can't see why it doesn't work in 2.2? I havn't tried because I actually just have it totally blank now just to save space up there and cleanliness. I will give it a go though when I get back home and have acceess to my bundle backup. I'm sure i had it working though in 2.2 before I restored.
    NeO
    iPhone 2G 2.2 8GB - VodaUK
    |OSX86 10.5.6|Win 7|Win XP|Win Vista Ult|

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to alias_neo For This Useful Post:

    dsg (2009-01-22)

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    I can't see why it doesn't work in 2.2? I havn't tried because I actually just have it totally blank now just to save space up there and cleanliness. I will give it a go though when I get back home and have acceess to my bundle backup. I'm sure i had it working though in 2.2 before I restored.
    ok cheers.

    I get this:

    aHold-The-Phonez:~ root# ln -s Vodafone_uk_mod.bundle 23415
    ln: creating symbolic link `23415': File exists

    then I poweroff then no change when i switch back on. I did have makeitmine installed, will this affect it, tried again after uninstalling makeitmine no change

    thanks for the help

  16. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the clouds.
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    ok cheers.

    I get this:

    aHold-The-Phonez:~ root# ln -s Vodafone_uk_mod.bundle 23415
    ln: creating symbolic link `23415': File exists

    then I poweroff then no change when i switch back on. I did have makeitmine installed, will this affect it, tried again after uninstalling makeitmine no change

    thanks for the help

    Remove the link to 23415. Make sure your carrier shows the normal text for your carrier. if not, put MakeItMine back and reset it to normal by blanking. Recreate the link and assure it's correct. Check the file permissions on the Vodafone_uk_mod.bundle. Hopefully it should work.

    If not, then I can't help more until I can get my hands on the files etc.

    Of note however. While browsing my phone the other day, I recall seeing a carrier bundle outside of the normal arrier bundle area. I don't know if this is havingsome effect in this firmware, and will again have to wait until I can try it myself to confirm.
    NeO
    iPhone 2G 2.2 8GB - VodaUK
    |OSX86 10.5.6|Win 7|Win XP|Win Vista Ult|

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to alias_neo For This Useful Post:

    dsg (2009-01-22)

  18. #16
    OK got it to work,

    I edited the carrier.plist then put my orange payg sim in then did the symbolic link through terminal and it worked.

    thanks for your time and patience, alias_neo

    dsg

  19. #17
    okay got mine to work with an extra step, the uk custom vodafone folder copy the contents into a new folder renamed 23415 and put both folders into the carrier bundles section of the phone
    Last edited by tangoed1; 2009-02-27 at 02:23 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •