Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tutorial: Custom Main Slider Image And Lock Screen

Now all you gotta do is make me a tutorial on how to JailBreak this thing. I got one from ipod touch fans forum but I need to downgrade my firmware to 1.1.1 and I can not find that version of the firmware. Any ideas were to find it? I am assuming that your iTouch is 1.1.2 as you just got yours a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT:: Ok I found a pretty good video with the files needed for the jailbreak. I dunno if you want to add it to your tutorial or anything mike.

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1021523/jailbreak_your_1_1_2_iphone_or_ipod_touch_windows/"]Jailbreak Your 1.1.2 IPhone Or IPod Touch [Windows]! Video[/ame]
    Last edited by JMody13; 2008-01-11 at 10:36 AM. Reason: New Information found

Awesome work! Please check your PM's I have some questions about the summerobard theme Thanks!

Hey guys I haven't been on this thread for awhile, busy modding and whatnot. Mike thanks for updating the thread for everyone that transparency issue was easy to forget. Like he said in the tut though people, you don't have to edit the bottombar .png image and make it transparent just store it somewhere else on your computer and replace it with a new .png that is just fully transparent, makes it easier to go back and replace later on.

Cheers Mike and friends! Can't wait for the next lockscreen they are the best mod ever!

Quote Originally Posted by blakehansen24 View Post
    Hey guys I haven't been on this thread for awhile, busy modding and whatnot. Mike thanks for updating the thread for everyone that transparency issue was easy to forget. Like he said in the tut though people, you don't have to edit the bottombar .png image and make it transparent just store it somewhere else on your computer and replace it with a new .png that is just fully transparent, makes it easier to go back and replace later on.

Cheers Mike and friends! Can't wait for the next lockscreen they are the best mod ever!
    How can I make the status bar transparent?

Really great work, it really helped me!!! One quick question, is there any way to remove the top gray bar surrounding the time? It doesnt seem like yours has is on the pic, but im not even sure if it can be done. Any help would be really appreciated thanks!!!

Sorry guys I haven't been on much. Work has been drillin me.

K so to answer some of the questions, I believe their is a different thread on how to jail break your device. I know I found a vid on youtube that had the file to downgrade to 1.1.1 Then I how to jail break the device, then how to update back to 1.1.2 I thought about adding it to my tut, but that would make the tutorial sooooooooooo long, ppl would probably not want to even follow it lol.

I'm not sure what the status bar is? So I can't help ya their... If your referring to the bar that goes across the top of the lock screen with the date and time in it, then the answer is no, you can't make it transparent or delete it. Which sucks

But you can edit the image to make it w/e color you want. On my lock screen I just worked my image to blend with that bar as best I could.

I'll try and find what image it is, and write up a tut on how to change it later when I get time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

so i can create my own stuff now

just have to put it in .png? right

btw can u please upload the original stuff
    like in idiot i didnt backup
    i like it but im gonn amake my own
    and it aitn my style

PLEASE

I see lots of screenshots of lock screens. Can someone clue me in how to make a screenshot of the lock screen? I have the ScreenShot app, but I don't see how to use it when the lock is on.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

I'm stuck with logging in, I installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH installed. How do I turn on SSH. On my ftp I log in (btw do I use a certain port?)

[R] Connecting to 192.xxx.x.xxx -> IP=192.xxx.x.xxxPORT=22
    [R] Connected to 192.xxx.x.xxx
    [R] SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.6
    then I get stuck here.

Is there a way to put the bottom bar back onto the lock screen? I just saved the transparent one into my FTP program over the original one... how do I get it back to normal if I want to switch away from this theme?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

uhh well u should have backed it up
    unless u get somone to copy it for ur screwed
    cuz i did the same thing
    if u get the customize beta add ons and some other customize themes by jayc7176 or somone else ur stuck..
    here is his source
    "ride4.org/shai.xml"

it has skins for that area of the phone. i use it idk if it has the original one but definetly some awesome ones check it out

Quote Originally Posted by arods83 View Post
    I'm stuck with logging in, I installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH installed. How do I turn on SSH. On my ftp I log in (btw do I use a certain port?)

[R] Connecting to 192.xxx.x.xxx -> IP=192.xxx.x.xxxPORT=22
    [R] Connected to 192.xxx.x.xxx
    [R] SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.6
    then I get stuck here.
    what program are you using?? port i think is 22
    i use winscp
    password would be alpine or dottie
    Last edited by ankitsid; 2008-01-24 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think its a better idea to put the Transparent bottom bar in the \var\root\Library\Customize\BarImages\BackUp folder rather than copying it over the actual file and then use customize to change it so for the people who do not remember to back their files its gonna be a lil easy to gat original back.

almost got everything working, only not sure how you make the speaker,computer,phone icons into actual working icons on the hollister theme.. could someone help me out? thanks guys

Could you make this in an Abercrombie version? I like them better heehee

You could do like blue colors, abercrombie pictures, but keep the zipper

It would be awesome!

Thanks for this mike1! I uploaded the summerboard theme so you will get EXACTLY what mike has on his springboard. And yes you can make the status bar transparent mike1? You must have it confused with something else? Anyway here it is. I also found that the icons didn't really cover all my apps so I added a few from AntiquePod theme. So here is the full Summerboard theme, no editing required. Transparent dock and status bar with extra icons! Full credit to mike1, I'm just makeing it noob friendlier
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/104869911/Summerboard_Theme.rar
    Don't forget! This is only the summerboard theme!
    EDIT:
    After MANY failed attempts to get rid of the date on the calendar, here it is! For hollister theme only. You MUST have the Calender, to the immediate left of Maps. It does not matter what row they are on. To use, simply replace the calendar.png and maps.png in the icon folder of you're theme with the following two images.
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/104885475/No_Number_on_calander.rar
    Last edited by LiamsT630; 2008-04-04 at 09:45 PM.

I followed everything that you said, word for word, but I just can't get the slider image to work. The file permissions are set to 755, although I don't know if that would matter (although it makes it executable by everyone) and I have restarted my iPod twice. Any ideas on what I could do?

EDIT:
    I solved the issue. Just turns out that my Customize application was broken or something. It wouldn't change anything, so I just reinstalled it. Now everything is all good! Now I just gotta get the wallpaper working....
    Last edited by doomsayer97; 2008-04-10 at 09:22 PM.

Don't do anything to permissions, mike1's guide is fairly old and there are better and faster methods of changing the custom slider image. Download customize(any version) from installer, open up whatever program you use to browse iPhone/iPod and browse to "private/var/root/Library/customize/MainSliderImages". Create a new folder like "Hollister Zipper" and pop your png into that folder.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamsT630 View Post
    Don't do anything to permissions, mike1's guide is fairly old and there are better and faster methods of changing the custom slider image. Download customize(any version) from installer, open up whatever program you use to browse iPhone/iPod and browse to "private/var/root/Library/customize/MainSliderImages". Create a new folder like "Hollister Zipper" and pop your png into that folder.
    where do u put the lock screen?

hi guys!! M on 1.1.3 hv costomize working n everything working gr8 slider images changing after a little moding but want to know how to change my dailpad the main one not the one dailpad that comes while the call ?? Any options in costomize????

Default Transformer
    Can you make Transformer Lock screen for me. thank you in advance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast