Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Custom lock screen

  1. #21
    Now that I have figured out everything with the lock screen, I tested it with some simple photoshop skills, editing the image I showed as an example earlier. I tried to do exactly what that person did, to see if I could get it to work. And I was sucessfull

    Here is a screen shot of my itouch now.

    NOTE:
    (I'm not using this lock screen for my personal use, this was just taken as a test to see if I could get the lock screen to work)




    woot thnx all for the help


    wait till you see the lock screens I'm bout to make I do webdesign for a living so I can assure you I will put together some tight stuff

    Here is my website and portfolio, but It's being updated at the moment, but you all can check it out as an example of my photoshop skills

    http://www.technicdesigns.com

    http://www.myspace.com/div_
    Last edited by 1Mike; 2008-01-01 at 06:52 PM.

  2. #22
    Wana let us know where we can get that slider/bg combo?

  3. #23
    bro I don't think the person who made it put it up for download.

    The only way I got it, is from saving the image and then opening photoshop, and editing the image lolz

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mike View Post
    bro I don't think the person who made it put it up for download.

    The only way I got it, is from saving the image and then opening photoshop, and editing the image lolz
    All good, trying to make something similar to that right now. Yours looked great by the way!

  5. #25
    does anyone know how to change that little dot image for telling you how many pages you have on your application screen??




    My first theme will be a Hollister co. theme package consisting of an application image, lock screen, and full icon set. I have only dabbed into making the Wallpaper so far, and I'm editing the shelve image for it to use.

    Here is the Wallpaper so far.. only been messing with it for a few ;-p Next is the icon set, then the lock screen.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mike View Post
    does anyone know how to change that little dot image for telling you how many pages you have on your application screen??
    Other-ver111_192.png - springboard circles that represent a page
    Other-ver111_193.png - image for circle of currently selected page on springboard

    It seems that you already figured it out, but you can't get rid of the top bar on the lock screen. It will just show up white.

  7. #27
    Mike

    That theme is awesome for the home board. Do you have a source or place where i can get that theme for my phone? that would be shwet!!

    thx

    sause

  8. #28
    when I'm done with the package i'll be posting it up for download gimme a few days. I have work and what not, so my play time with photoshop is limited.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mike View Post
    Now that I have figured out everything with the lock screen, I tested it with some simple photoshop skills, editing the image I showed as an example earlier. I tried to do exactly what that person did, to see if I could get it to work. And I was sucessfull

    Here is a screen shot of my itouch now.

    NOTE:
    (I'm not using this lock screen for my personal use, this was just taken as a test to see if I could get the lock screen to work)




    woot thnx all for the help


    wait till you see the lock screens I'm bout to make I do webdesign for a living so I can assure you I will put together some tight stuff

    Here is my website and portfolio, but It's being updated at the moment, but you all can check it out as an example of my photoshop skills

    http://www.technicdesigns.com

    http://www.myspace.com/div_
    That top transparent image can be found in the Other.artwork file. If I'm correct it should be the Other-ver111_169.png file you want to edit. I know for a fact that it works since my current update(unreleased) to my Blue Custom theme has already had this image modified.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -blue-1-12-.png  
    Last edited by Bad2049; 2008-01-02 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Original image had improper language

  10. #30
    Where can I download that nail lockscreen, who made it?

  11. #31
    i'm a bit late i guess. but how do you remove the lockscreen text 'slide to unlock'
    i'm trying to make a custom lockscreen but that text is always on top of it

  12. #32
    You have to edit the SpringBoard.strings file:

    /System/Library/CoreServices/SprinBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

    But be careful because you can scramble the xml and corrupt the file. After a couple of attempts this is how I got it to work (I'm on a Mac, so this may not help if you're on Windows):

    1. Backup the original file
    2. Download SpringBoard.strings to your computer using whatever you use for an ftp client.
    3. Change the suffix .strings to .plist
    4. Open the newly named file with a plist editor (I used Plist Editor)
    5. Scroll though the file until you find the string you want to change (there are lots)
    6. Change the text to whatever you want, but do not exceed the original string's number of characters
    7. Save the file.
    8. Change the suffix .plist back to .strings and upload the file to your phone using your ftp client.
    9. That should do it.

  13. #33
    thanks. but i have windows, and i've never heard of a plist editor. but i guess i could change it in wordpad.
    the only thing is, i want to completely remove the text. so my lockscreen could look something like this:



    and i don't understand how, for example, the perfect storm theme doesn't have the text, even without me changing any files.
    oh i have a lot to learn

  14. #34
    You might try Best Clear Lock Screen in Cydia - it give you a clear lockscree when activated in Winterboard.

  15. #35
    actually there is a way to get rid of it if your making a theme without it you can even plop your own image in there... i couldnt figure it out before (im talkin bout the black bar behind the clock on the lockscreen) heres what you do if you wanna get rid of it make a image thats 1pixel by say 10pixels using photoshop or something of the kind and just make the background 0percent opacity and then name it UILCDBackground then in your theme place it in your UIImages Folder so itd b placed in themename/UIImages and thats actually it took me forever to figure out doing trial and error with a theme that was like that... alot easier than i made it out to be lol

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by morrbido View Post
    thanks. but i have windows, and i've never heard of a plist editor. but i guess i could change it in wordpad.
    the only thing is, i want to completely remove the text. so my lockscreen could look something like this:



    and i don't understand how, for example, the perfect storm theme doesn't have the text, even without me changing any files.
    oh i have a lot to learn
    Does anybody know what theme this lockscreen is from?

  17. #37
    Default Custom Lockscreen
    Hey guys, Im trying to add weather to the bottom left of my lockscreen, just the picture of the sun, sun with clouds etc, no temp. Nothing complicated, I already have the icons, and weather source information. Now all I need is to know how to write the code for the placement of the icons. any advice?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •