Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Wallpaper Display for SummerBoard

Default No Wallpaper Display for SummerBoard
    Hey, I'm having a problem where when I set the theme, the wallpaper of that theme doesn't show up. I can still set different wallpaper but the theme one doesn't work.

I've tried the Theme Wallpaper [On] and Wallpaper [Off], and it still doesn't work.

I've tried restarting the iPod and reinstalling the SummerBoard application.

Please help me out, Thanks in advanced

This has actually happen to me b4 and the simple solution was that when I went back into my summerboard them I 4got to upload the wallpaper..lol. Check and make sure its actually there and in the right location. I know it sounds silly but sometimes it can be that simple.

Hope urs is as simple as mine was. Other than that I dont know y it wouldnt show up if its there and in the right location. Possibly check size and file extension.Good Luck!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Yeah, I check'd that already. The folders are: SummberBoard>Themes>[Theme Name]>Wallpaper.png

and yeah, it still doesn't work. It's not even my own customized themes either, it's ones I downloaded. The only theme that DOES work is the Default.

Thanks for your reply. Any more suggestions and solutions?

Umm sorry to say no right now im kinda dumbfounded. I just reread ur original post and realized u said ur ipod I was thinkin iPhone no difference really. Um what program are u using to access the folders on ur touch? I can take a look at my wifes' and see where ur going wrong.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

the program I use is CuteFTP 8 Professional.

I have also restor'd my iPod to it's original settings and jailbroke it again. Still, it doesn't work.

Might be a problem in summerboard or the wallpaper itself IDK (sorry). I would say take the image make sure the size is coorect and just upload it as your main wallpaper, then turn "off" theme wallpaper and see if it comes up.

To do that just upload the image to Library/Wallpaper (has to be png)
    OR u can just make it a jpg (or whatever) and sync it to your ipod as a photo and set it as wallpaper there. Good Luck let me know how u make out.

That same thing happened to me too they should come out with an update for summerboard

go to installer and download "SUID Lib Fix". It says it's for 1.1.3 but works on 1.1.4 as well. Let me know if that works for you.