Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Do You Get Backgrounds Like This?

Thanks
    Default How Do You Get Backgrounds Like This?
    Is there any way to change your Contacts, Email and etc backgrounds like this person did?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zman69 For This Useful Post:

NetMage (2008-01-04)

Maybe change the Default.png of whatever app u want that backround to show up on. I have changed a few backrounds b4 but they never stay they just flash then go to the regular backround. Maybe(hopefully) he'll come in here and can help us out.

The Default.png is the display when the app is loading. You need to find the background image. Two totally different images...

Reako

oooooh that explains it. I'll try and look for it. Thanx Reako
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Its got to be just a file .png inside the MobilePhone.app folder that the guy used a photoshop brush, saved it, and replaced it...

if anyone that has done this or similar could upload some examples for certain apps that would be great, striking mod i haven't seen done before and am surprised many aren't exploiting..

Has anybody found out what png needs changing yet .. its driving me crazy i have looked through everywhere and cannot find a file that works, closest i have got is in the mobilesms.app but thats just the default.png which does not work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -default.png  

Yea thats what I said it only flashes for a sec then goes back. But Reako checked me on that.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

speaking of flashing on and flashing off, my battery icon keep doing that. im running 1.1.2 and using cyberduck to install. Ive tried both planting the files directly to sys/lib/coreservices/springboard.app and also to var/root/lib/customize/batteryimages and choose the file with customize but it keeps revert to the last icon i installed. i believe it's probably just a file that didnt come with the new package but not sure.

anyone found a way around this yet?.. its buggin me like mad..

Thanks
    I'm still hoping too. Haven't found anything yet.

from my experience generally when it flashes and reverts back to the default image its because the .artwork file for that app hasn't been updated to reflect the change you made. I had the same issue when changing out my dialer pad, I had forgotten to overwrite the .artwork file with the modded one so the new image would show up. I think the .artwork file is just a packed set of the images any given app uses. I don't know how to mod the .artwork files but I'm sure one fo the ppl who created dialer pads would know what to do with it.
    Again this is just a guess as to what the problem is....

^ sounds logical

I'm looking through the files now it looks like the voicemail background(where it list the vmails you have is here:
    Applications/MobilePhone.app/DefaultVoicemail.png

It looks like the "default.png" is the background for each different app. I'm no iphone genius so I could be wrong

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

Every app has a default.png in the file. its the image that is displayed when you open a app as its loading. I'm not sure where the file to change the actual app's background is, but I imagine it would be part of the Other.Artwork file. Artwork files is just a packed image file that contains many other images that you can mod the look of your phone with. The only problem with modding the .Artwork files is that once you unpack them (using iphoneshop-0.6.jar or higher) each png that is unpacked does not have a corresponding name to things like the other images in the phone. for example in an app the icon.png is obviosly the icon that will show up on your springboard but in artwork files the pngs come out as something like this Other-121.png. I havent looked much into these artwork files as i dont feel like spending so much time finding which images modify what, but if you think your up to it and would like to know how to unpack a artwork file then you can IM me at igottheritetemp

[QUOTE=zman69;134102]Is there any way to change your Contacts, Email and etc backgrounds like this person did?

Rotating it and flipping it around (!), I see that is the MobilePhone application in the Recent Calls screen.

I don't think this was done in the iPhone. That screen is a preferences view that has no reason to support a background. I also don't see why the blue text would be displayed transparently by the iPhone, but the 11 is clearly interacting with the red color - it should just be the same blue as when it is printing over the white.

My guess is a vinyl transparent sticker.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Quote Originally Posted by iGotTheRiteTemp View Post
    Every app has a default.png in the file. its the image that is displayed when you open a app as its loading. I'm not sure where the file to change the actual app's background is, but I imagine it would be part of the Other.Artwork file. Artwork files is just a packed image file that contains many other images that you can mod the look of your phone with. The only problem with modding the .Artwork files is that once you unpack them (using iphoneshop-0.6.jar or higher) each png that is unpacked does not have a corresponding name to things like the other images in the phone. for example in an app the icon.png is obviosly the icon that will show up on your springboard but in artwork files the pngs come out as something like this Other-121.png. I havent looked much into these artwork files as i dont feel like spending so much time finding which images modify what, but if you think your up to it and would like to know how to unpack a artwork file then you can IM me at igottheritetemp
    I've done a lot of them already.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21189

Thanks
    jasper44 I was looking through your article and found one that says "Other-ver111_215.png - background for the applications" is this the one we're looking for?

Jasper glad u came in I was on ur post the other day & I was trying to change the bar behind the time & date on the main *locked* screen (Other-ver111_169.png - top bar on lock screen, when syncing, & when receiving a call (Image 6)

But I didnt have that directory in my files on the phone located in /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/ I was thinkin maybe it was for the 1.1.1. FW? Im still on good o'le 1.0.2 LOL (dont laugh) So am I right or did I just make a mistake somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by zman69 View Post
    jasper44 I was looking through your article and found one that says "Other-ver111_215.png - background for the applications" is this the one we're looking for?
    Not quite. I should have been more specific but it is for the lined background you find in the settings app, ect. He has a picture from the phone app, which has different backgrounds that I've been looking for but unable to find.

Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
    Jasper glad u came in I was on ur post the other day & I was trying to change the bar behind the time & date on the main *locked* screen (Other-ver111_169.png - top bar on lock screen, when syncing, & when receiving a call (Image 6)

But I didnt have that directory in my files on the phone located in /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/ I was thinkin maybe it was for the 1.1.1. FW? Im still on good o'le 1.0.2 LOL (dont laugh) So am I right or did I just make a mistake somewhere?
    Yes, I did it in 1.1.1. What the heck do you still have 1.02 for?
    Last edited by Jasper44; 2008-01-05 at 09:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast