Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Someone PLease Help me!!!!

Default Someone PLease Help me!!!!
    I am trying to put themes on my iphone using mac. I already have jailbroken my phone and I have installer.app. I have been using the themes that summerboard already offers, however I would like to add some of the custom themes that are in the skins/themes forums on here. Someone please help me with this.

How to SFTP Summerboard themes

1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

ok, once i complete step 4, how do i go about doing step 5 and so on???

Can someone please elaborate on the 5th step pleeaaasseeeee!!!!
    Last edited by twine315; 2007-12-20 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's very simple.

Inside Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ are folders for every theme, such as Litho, SummerBoard, etc.

You'll need to create a folder for the new theme you want to install into SummerBoard (Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ThemeNameHere/). Inside that folder you'll place the .png files that will replace the Dock and Wallpaper. Finally, you'll need to copy the Icons folder (if the theme you're installing has icons) into the new theme folder (Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ThemeNameHere/Icons/). After that, you'll need to restart SummerBoard and then your theme will appear in the theme list.