Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: program for making Icons????

Default program for making Icons????
    aside from photoshop is there anything else I can use to create my own custom icons>??? <<keep in mind i'm running windows...no mac>>
    or would someone like to make me some custom icons....if your bored...

Thanks

I like paint.net, it's free and pretty photoshop like.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

shegangsta (2007-12-15)

Thanks for the suggestion!! I'm gonna try it out...also, Do you know if there are any specific dimensions I should use for the icons>> Or or do I have to like trial and error it out?? lol...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shegangsta View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion!! I'm gonna try it out...also, Do you know if there are any specific dimensions I should use for the icons>> Or or do I have to like trial and error it out?? lol...
    I always use 60x60 for my dimensions and pixels/inch of 300.

Just how do you get them into your phone????

you build a winterboard theme and then put it in library/themes, open up winterboard. apply it, then tada!
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

iPhone? More like MyPhone roeiboot's Avatar
    Thanks

not free, but there's Microangelo claims to be the grand daddy of icon software..

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    you build a winterboard theme and then put it in library/themes, open up winterboard. apply it, then tada!
    Where is library/themes please, is it supposed to be on the phone?, if so I can't find it. Sorry if I am just dumb.

na your not dumb. just ssh into your phone. if you dont know how to do that i recoment this utility as its a really great tethered solution and has lots of other features as well. so simply launch this program, hit winscp, and will log into your phone (as long as you have openssh installed from cydia) then you will see a folder called library, then themes. put your theme right there if you dont know how to build a theme we can help with that too

iSutal V16.07.09 Released- iSutal
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

na your not dumb. just ssh into your phone. if you dont know how to do that i recoment this utility as its a really great tethered solution and has lots of other features as well. so simply launch this program, hit winscp, and will log into your phone (as long as you have openssh installed from cydia) then you will see a folder called library, then themes. put your theme right there if you dont know how to build a theme we can help with that too

Thanks thats great.

question for those that make icons, say you got something u want from a image how do u go about cutting it out and turning it into a icon ?

a tutorial would be super helpful if there are any

OK I ran this program, hit winscp and a file system came up also a black pop-up box with the prompt in it came up. I was not sure quite what to do at that point?. Closed it.
    Some guidance please.

Quote Originally Posted by shegangsta View Post
    aside from photoshop is there anything else I can use to create my own custom icons>??? <<keep in mind i'm running windows...no mac>>
    or would someone like to make me some custom icons....if your bored...
    Gimp.

Can be complicated at first but once you used it for bit it's actaully quite good and it's free!!

Use gimp for all my custom wallpapers and icons, it's so easy!

I have used this approach SSH on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki

However after logging in I can not get the file Putty.exe, my computer says it's not there!!!!
    Tried Control+P but say message.
    Whats missing here?.
    I need to get Putty to change the password.