Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to replace Apollo's icon. v.HELP

Default Trying to replace Apollo's icon. v.HELP
    So like the title says, I'm trying to replace Apollo's icon with one similar to the SMS icon. I am using WinSCP to browse through the files but my computer does not want to read the .png icon file for the SMS app but it works fine when I try to copy Apollo's .png icon file onto my laptop. Any ideas why this is? Noob question, I'm sure. I just opened WinSCP for the first time a few hours ago and have pretty much no idea what I'm doing except for instincit but mainly some other threads on this site.

Are you using a theme? In this way go to /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/THEME_YOU_ARE USING and put an icon named Apollo.png

That's all

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bebetosh For This Useful Post:

ozonevt4 (2007-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by bebetosh View Post
    Are you using a theme? In this way go to /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/THEME_YOU_ARE USING and put an icon named Apollo.png

That's all
    I actually did not know where to find the themes so thanks for that but it still doesn't solve my problem. I'm trying to extract the original SMS icon that came with the phone so I can modify it in Photoshop to say instead of SMS, 'IM' and have it be a red color instead of the green. Can anyone point to where I can find all the original .png icon files that the phone came with like in a .zip file? It would help me out insanely.

The problem is the stock pngs need to be converted to be viewed. I don't personally know how but I think Cash had done so before. Yup. Here are the stock icons recoded and converted.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    The problem is the stock pngs need to be converted to be viewed. I don't personally know how but I think Cash had done so before. Yup. Here are the stock icons recoded and converted.

Reako
    Thanks a bunch man, you've been great help.