Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uploading SummerBoard Themes Tutorial

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhz7 View Post
    sorry to ask but im new in using iphone. i installed summerboard in my iphone then i installed some themes directly from my iphone using wifi connection, but i cant find the themes i installed n my iphone themes doesnt change so can i install it from my iphone or i have to install it from my PC ?
    any help will be appreciated. thanks

im running on 1.1.4 btw
    Did you use installer to put the themes on your phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by khempfer View Post
    It all works for me until I've reached the Weather app. Thought I'd be a dumbass spelling it wrong... but the problem wasn't that easy...

I understand that it's also case sensitve. Weather.png
    Sorry, Can anyone explain or help? Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Did you use installer to put the themes on your phone?
    yes i did.. n my themes list on summerboard apps on my iphone is blank(nothin in it)
    but when i open pc suite from my laptop it shows all my themes inside summerboard folders in my iphone.
    im really confused

"Go up a few folders until you’re back in the Themes folder. From here you can drag and
    drop your theme directly into your file browser for the most part. I know with
    iPhonebrowser and iPhone PC Suite you can but I’m not sure about iFuntastic. You can’t
    drag and drop with iBrickr so I don’t recommend it."

drag n drop to where?? thanks
    Last edited by jhz7; 2008-05-24 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Drag and drop to the 'Themes' folder. It's the one in the first few steps in the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Drag and drop to the 'Themes' folder. It's the one in the first few steps in the guide.
    its already in my themes folder, its just that i cant see any themes when i open the summerboard apps on my iphone
    thanks

Thanks

did you go into the SummerBoard app on your phone and click on themes?

Do I need any other program(s) to do it with Summerboard ?
    I'm using 1.1.4 and when I go into SummerBoard > Themes, I don't have any folders there. Not even the Default , SummerBoard, etc folders.

When I go into SMB in iphone, those themes are there for me to choose.

Someone please help ^^ Thanks in advance

seems to be that I have the same problem as this person you are trying to help
    Last edited by qq638; 2008-06-27 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qq638 View Post
    Do I need any other program(s) to do it with Summerboard ?
    I'm using 1.1.4 and when I go into SummerBoard > Themes, I don't have any folders there. Not even the Default , SummerBoard, etc folders.

When I go into SMB in iphone, those themes are there for me to choose.

Someone please help ^^ Thanks in advance

seems to be that I have the same problem as this person you are trying to help
    Do you have BSD subsystem installed? Also, look for the 'smb fix' in installer. It's under Tweaks.

I was in the same boat as some of the above. I downloaded some themes that I wanted to put on the phone but was given the error about my phone not being jailbroken when I tried to find the Summerboard themes on my phone via iphonebrowser. I did the fix and voila, I was able to get into and see the summerboard folder. I added my new themes to the folder exactly as shown in the tutorial and have rebooted the iphone several times but none of the themes that I've added via iphonebrowser appear in Summerboard on the phone when I click themes. You can see that they are there in iphonebrowser but for some reason are not accessible on the actual phone. What do I need to do next?

After doing a quick random search this morning, I figured out my problem. It appears that on the iphone, there are two Summerboard theme folders. Only one is the correct one from which SMB will pull the themes to the phone from. Users will need to make sure they put the themes they d/l into the correct one as following the tutorial may not take them to the correct folder. To make sure you are in the correct folder when you are in iphonebrowser make sure the folder is [root]/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes. This is for the people running 1.1.4 like myself.
    Last edited by THE TECH; 2008-08-01 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok i know this is kinda old post here but i am new to the iphones.. my first iphone is the 3gs and i have been having fun with it.. I decided to make my own icons/widgets for my phone. So I run into this guide for trying to install them. With winterboard being out summerboard is no longer needed correct? also I wanted to know if there is a naming convention that is needed.. the first file i made is named "AppStore.png". I was trying to locate where the icons are using either of the two programs; iphone browser or winscp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

anyone?? bumpage

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456