Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Three Questions

Default Three Questions
    1: Is there a list of file sizes of each item that can be changed?

i.e. I just made my own 'unlock slider' but I had to re-do it three times because I was guessing on dimensions. I settled with 70x46

2: Is there a program that will view the .png files that come on the phone factory? I am backing each one up as I go, but I cannot seem to open them with any program I have.

3: Is there an easier way of changing the icons than going directly to the file? I am using this link to modify each file.

I have 'Customize' installed but when I go into each menu "Carrier Image" "WiFi Images" "Bars Images" etc. etc. all I see is the factory icons.

I've been reading around for the past day or so and have not found the answers to my questions...

Thanks,

Justin

(BTW: Here's a Toyota slider logo if anyone wants.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1) http://code.google.com/p/customize/wiki/NamingFormats
    &
    http://code.google.com/p/customize/wiki/ImageInfo

2)iPhone Browser lets you preview files. You can also download all stock images already converted right here.

3) I'm not quite sure what you mean, but you could use SummerBoard. That way all icons are in one folder, and you still have your stock icons just in case.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

Justin89t (2007-12-03)

Thank you, Thank you, and....

as much as I'm not one for instructions... are there any avaliable for either customize or summerboard? write-ups on how to use the two pieces of software?

I don't want to install a complete theme, i have not seen any I like, so I would like to be able to piece my own together without going through and manually replacing each file through WinSCP. It looks like Customize does exactly that, but I'm not seeing where to load files into customize for it to apply my selection...

See my attached pictures.

How to I add my own files into the menus I took pictures of?

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    1) http://code.google.com/p/customize/wiki/NamingFormats
    &
    http://code.google.com/p/customize/wiki/ImageInfo

2)iPhone Browser lets you preview files. You can also download all stock images already converted right here.

3) I'm not quite sure what you mean, but you could use SummerBoard. That way all icons are in one folder, and you still have your stock icons just in case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1405.jpg   -img_1406.jpg   -img_1407.jpg  

Let's see.
    SummerBoard lets you change application icons and wallpapers.
    Customize is for changing all the other images (like carrier image).

If you wanted to piece your own "theme" together, create a folder like this:
    /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Justin/Icons

Then place the icons you selected into that folder. They icons need to be named the same as the application.
    So the icon for the calculator would be Calculator.png
    I recommend downloading a theme that you kinda like. Upload the folder to /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ and check out the names of the icons etc.

For Customize, images are stored in:
    /var/root/Library/Customize/*section*Images/
    I recommend downloading the "Designer" package, and browsing around in those folders to see how they are named and placed.
    Example:
    /var/root/Library/Customize/MainSliderImages/Custom/toyota.png

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

Justin89t (2007-12-03)

The easiest way I found is to log into the phone via WinSCP or your favorite SFTP and download one of the themes from the Summerboard folder. Go through and replace the icons one at a time, rename the folder to "Justin's Theme", upload that folder to the Summerboard folder, and choose "Justin's Theme" in the SMBprefs. A good theme to start with is JTR Wallace because he has tons of icons. Hope this helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pcguysam For This Useful Post:

Justin89t (2007-12-03)

Thank you guys.

Those are great answers, I'll be able to figure it out from here