Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you make icons???

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default How do you make icons???
    hey guys,

just recently got mobilestack on my iphone and need to know how to make icons. I need to use custom icons for my contacts. I have photoshop and can also download GIMP since it is free. I currently have an icon for my wife, but its only one layer. When I look at some other icons they have a base layer, checker board looking thing? Can someone please tell me how I can go about making icons? Somebody have any templates? PLEASE? I am dying to learn how because i want my contacts to be on stacks. PLEASE help!

thanks in advance,
    raphael

EDIT: forgot to mention that with the icon for my wife, it is only one layer, just cropped it so it would only show her face and resized it to 60x60 pixels... please help guys... its just a square on the screen... the buttons that are on summerboard are just beautiful, lol, i need to learn how to make these... like someone made them look like polaroids, i really want to know how he/she did that... pleae help guys... i am dying! lol

I may be doing it the stone age way, but I create a new 60x60 image in photoshop with a transparent(that checkerboard thing) background. Then, I use the "magic wand" selector to select the part of the picture that I want, copy and paste it onto the transparent background. Then I save my .png Voila! A brand new icon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pcguysam For This Useful Post:

Gom33 (2007-11-30)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

thanks for the quick reply! will have to do that when i get home...

btw... how do you add different layers??? lol... i am such NOOB in photshop... all help is greatly appreciated!!! thanks again man!!

how do you add differnet layers? sorry for such a stupid question, just very NOOB in photoshop also, lol... thanks for your help!!
    Last edited by Gom33; 2007-11-29 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to riddle For This Useful Post:

Gom33 (2007-11-30)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

thank you riddle!!!!!