Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Home Screen Wallpaper

Default Home Screen Wallpaper
    Hi, I'm relatively new to modifying my iPhone, and have come across only a few problems, luckily. I am kind of stuck on a couple things, however. First of all, I just installed Cyndia (I already installed Installer, SummerBoard, and BSD Subsystem) and like it very much except for the fact that I can't find Fake BSD Subsystem under Installer (or Cyndia for that matter). I'm not sure if Cyndia already installs this function or if there's some sort of conflict with the fact that I already had the original BSD Subsystem. Secondly, I have been trying to customize my homescreen wallpaper, which wasn't a problem at first (I just found an image I liked on the web and saved it under iPhoto), but now the only wallpapers I can access are those that fall under a theme or the wallpapers that came with the phone originally. In SMB Preferences, I have the theme under Customize, the Theme Wallpaper "off" and (under Advanced) the Wallpaper on. When I access the desired image under Photos, I set it as wallpaper, it accepts it (with the checkmark and everything) but it won't actually apply the image as a wallpaper. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Im not too sure I understand, U want ur homescreen wallpaper to be displayed, and when u check it, it doesnt show up?
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

First of all, thank you for responding to my post! What I am wanting to do is alter the image on the lock screen wallpaper to an image I saved under Photos. As you know, one could originally do this by going through settings/wallpaper/photos/etc. After modifying the phone, one should theoretically be able to change the lock screen wallpaper by customize/imagesandsounds/wallpaper/lockscreen wallpaper, etc. But, the only options I have for the lock screen wallpaper are between the Original Backup and those lock screen wallpapers provided by different Theme Sets. I thought that maybe if I changed the selected wallpaper through the iphone's settings, the Original Backup would change to that selected image and I could just change it through Customize.

Nevermind, I'm not sure how but I can change the lock screen wallpaper now.
    Last edited by sweets13087@; 2008-06-02 at 06:30 PM.