Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New user to iPhone

Thanks

Question New user to iPhone
    I just got this unlocked iPhone w/ 1.1.1 and was wondering where the theme with the clown fish is. I thought that it was on every iPhone, like a standard theme.

Also, is it possable to add a picture behind the icons, like every other phone?
    USA T-Mobile - Unlocked iPhone w/ 1.1.1

These are both just background images. If you look through this site, in the downloads section you should find the clownfish image, upload it to your photos (you could do this through itunes by syncing or scp if you are jailbreaked) and then under photos it gives you the option to add that photo as your background (slide to unlock page). Now, to change the background on the main springboard page you would have to scp an image and replace the stock black background, dont have the directory/filename in front of me, but you can find the info around here somewhere. Hope this helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Tweaked (2007-11-21)

Thanks

why is the clown pic not in the phone if its a standard pic on the box for the iphone?

You ask what so many others have. Hahaha, I guess its just Apple's way of saying "Your gonna take it, and like it". Dont know, they changed the image at the last second when the phone was released to that water lily crap....why, its just Apple.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Tweaked (2007-11-21)

Thanks

ok, well i guess i need to pull out my tools and start modding, lol...scratch head...do i really want too? is it really worth the time and strain on the brain to put pics behind the icons do you think?

Honestly, if you change to entire theme, thats great....but the change just the background (in my opinion) is well, personal taste. The icons take up alot of landscape and can make an image hard to see anyways. Modding everthing is very worth it, if you have a little know-how or can spend countless hours reading through this forum once you get started it can be very useful being able to add so many great additions to an already great phone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Tweaked (2007-11-21)