Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change sliders text? Pls :)

Default How to change sliders text? Pls :)
    May I know how to change the text "slide to unlock" into my own text such as "scan fingerprint here" also "slide to answer" to "pick up the phone"
    I want to use photoshop to make such text and put that file through WinSCP, I don't want to use customize. I've already change my slider icon, slider background and even the color behind those text but can't change text pls help......

Thanks

Cant you use iPhoneBroswer to do this?
    EDM

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeal For This Useful Post:

kingcowking (2008-05-23)

Well without customize u would have to edit the springboard.plist manually which is system/library/coreservices/springboard.app and grab the springboard.plist and edit all the text in there. (MAKE BACK UPS IN CASE),

I dont understand how u would use photoshop in this matter but hey, if u know...I dont need to. lol, Good Luck!

P.S. why not just use customize its so E-Z
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

kingcowking (2008-05-23)

Thx, I installed customize on my 1.1.4 iPhone, but I don't know how to change that text"slide to unlock", can you tell me, thanks so much.
    BTW, I said use photoshop, because I think that text is a image(png file) that is why I think I can use photoshop, but now I think I'm wrong, sorry to make you confuse

Default Check out my video on how to change slider text without using a computer
    CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEO ON HOW TO CHANGE SLIDER TEXT WITHOUT USING A COMPUTER ITS REALLY EASY SUBSCRIBE I WOULD BE MAKING NEW VIDEOS SOON COMMENT ON WHATG WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DO KHRIZ818!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiSDrfbZxOU]YouTube - how to change slider text on iphone and ipod touch without using a computer[/ame]