Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO] Make no-crash spacers

Default [HOW-TO] Make no-crash spacers
    I did this tutorial on ipodtouchfans but I thought I'd repost it here just in case someone needs it:

This tutorial shows you how to make spaces on your Springboard for certain themes or to organise your home screen better. There are different 'apps' that do this, but all of them crash and show the low-res paintbrush picture. Sometimes it's really hard or takes a long to get out of those types of spacers and you must be really careful not to press on them. This method shows you how to make spaces on your Springboard using the Categories.app. This is a better method since even if you press on the spacer, you can simply press the home button to return to the Springboard.

1) Install Categories.app from Installer and respring
    2) Download the transparent icon below
    3) SSH into your iPod and place the blank icon you just downloaded into /Applications/Categories.app/icons
    2) Launch Categories and press Add
    3) Type a random title and press Add (it doesn't matter what you type for the title since you won't see it once you are done this tutorial)
    4) Choose the blank icon from the list of icons
    5) Exit Categories and respring
    6) Now SSH into your iPod again and go to your Applications folder
    7) Find the the category you just created (if you named it 'spacer' for example, your category should appear as 'spacer.app')
    8) Rename your category to *spacebar*.app (not the actual word, but press spacebar on your keyboard as if it were a letter of the alphabet)
    9) Now respring and your Category should be on your Springboard except that it's invisible. You're done!

**If you want to make more, simply make more categories and rename them to *double space*.app, *triple space*.app, etc. I have only made a few spacers, but theoretically, you can make as many as you want.

please give feedback if i helped you. and thanks maybe?
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bootareen For This Useful Post:

24trepid (2008-09-21), Alex1912 (2008-08-16), JatoNL (2008-05-31), LeathaFace (2008-05-23), lse (2008-05-31), ProjectGSX (2008-09-22)

Thanx for the tut!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

didn't work for me...after renaming the app into a "spacebar" alphabet, the category app didn't exist/come out in SB, so i can't drag it..

i used last version off categories