Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: custom dialerpad help needed

Default custom dialerpad help needed
    Hey everyone

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for me?? I have a jailbroken, unlocked iphone 1.1.1

I have been trying to install a custom dialpad. I put the files "DefaultDialer" and "BarDialer" and whatever other files that are included with the custom skin etc into the MobilePhone.app folder and reboot the phone.

Problem is when I go to use the phone, the new dialerpad image comes up only for a second then flips back to factory default image and stays that way. The files are still physically there in the MobilePhone.app folder but it always comes up with default dialerpad. I have this exact same problem if I try and change the calculater background. Even if changed with Customizer!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

**********Nevermind!**********

After accidently deleting a few files out of the MobilePhone.app folder, I bricked the whole thing! I could start it and reboot it but nothing would happen when I touched any icons on the screen so I restored firmware and the first thing I tried was putting custom dialerpad and voila it worked like a charm!!! If anything, I hope this helps someone else. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Ookpic; 2007-11-16 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

where did you put the custom dialerpad? i have the same problem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splerminator View Post
    where did you put the custom dialerpad? i have the same problem!!!
    custom dialerpad goes into the /Applications/MobilePhone.app folder. Not sure which file manager you are using or what OS but I am using XP with iPhoneList to move files around.

My problem was I was placing keypads in proper folder but it still would not show the custom keypad. So, I did a restore and it worked. Good luck!!