Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I????

Thanks

Question How do I????
    Hey guys, I have just had my iphone unlocked, and, I was just wondering, since my phone is unlocked, is it safe for me to download and be able to get some new wallpapers and ringotnes, or is it only for AT&T iphones?? I am new to the whole unlocking thing, and not sure what I am allowed to do or not do with the unlocked phone?? I don't want to download something, and then somehow lock my phone again or something to the effect??? When I go in the sites, I see the file for the ringtones or wallpapers, but, I don't know what to do with it?? Like, where am I to put it, or download it to,etc??? Sorry. If anyone has any advice for me, I would really appreciate it. I know, that I am not to update it on itunes, but, not sure what else I shouldn't do or what I am allowed to do with my phone?? Thanks guys

Thanks

you can load all the wallpapers you want through itunes even if it is unlocked(non-at&t), but do not update or restore your phone. there area a couple of different ways to load ringtones on your phone (you may want to jailbreak your phone).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to opusandbill For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-11-16)

Thanks

Default I'm MAD!!
    Hi, I actually just finished figuring out how to get them on my iphone, the problem I am having now, is that it deleted all my photos, and inserted the wallpapers in the photo library. I know that I am doing something wrong in the itunes summary page where the whole syncing process goes, but, I can't figure out what I need to do?? I switch it to the wallpaper folder, and it inserts those, and it deletes my photos, then when I try to put back my photos from my photos folder, it deletes my wallpapers, and puts in my photos?? ugh!! I am soo frustrated, cuz I want to learn how to download darn ringtones to my phone without having to now worry about the whole folder situation!! I need to input the different folders to be able to choose from on the summary photos page, but, don't know how??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

make a folder on your desktop and put all images you want to put on your phone in it (you can sort your images into sub-folders if you want)
    open itunes
    connect iphone
    click photo tab
    check the sync from box and choose the folder you made
    you then can check individual folders or photos to sync

hope this helps

6. The Following User Says Thank You to opusandbill For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-11-16)

Thanks

Hey there, yeah, i think that is how i am doing it. See I have just one folder on my desktop that says iphone everything, then in that folder, I made other folders, one says iphone ringtones, which is empty, one says photos, and one says wallpapers, so my photos and wallpapers are in 2 seperate folders, but, I think my problem, is when I press the photo tab on the summary page, it will either just insert my photos, or just my wallpapers?? So I am not sure how to get both on there, in their proper place?? Ugh!! but, thanks, I really like how you explained it, nice and simple, boy I need that! Hehehe Is there a way to put all the different folders all in that summary photo page? Or do we always have to go browse in our computer for the folders?? Thanks again
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!