Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ----- bar dialer help? -----

Default ----- bar dialer help? -----
    i'd like to use the halo 3 bar dialer theme but i have no clue how to get started and am not very good with this sort of thing

could someone get me started in the right direction? thanks in advance

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I would first start here and read this wiki article to make sure you have an understanding of it, also there is a link in there if you have not jailbroken your phone.

Start Here

Im also going to move this so it is in the right section

i've already jailbroken the iphone and have installer but i don't have any programs on my computer yet which i think i need some for the custom dial pads..

anyone?
    Last edited by policepunkz; 2008-05-16 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yup head over to the section Mirrormind provided so u can get fully aquainted with the procedures then head to the download section and pick an SSH program of ur choice. Iphonebrowser,iBrickr,idemocracy etc. Then just grab the file u want and transfer them to the location Applications/MobilePhone restart and ur good.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

slick123456 (2008-06-27)

Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
    Yup head over to the section Mirrormind provided so u can get fully aquainted with the procedures then head to the download section and pick an SSH program of ur choice. Iphonebrowser,iBrickr,idemocracy etc. Then just grab the file u want and transfer them to the location Applications/MobilePhone restart and ur good.
    i'm so lost

i went to the download section and tried both iphonebrowser and ibricker but when they download its just a bunch of files and i have no clue what to do with them. is it because i'm on a mac and i need windows or something?

i need like the custom dialer bar for super dummies.

Oh ok my apologies those programs are for windows. But then again I think iphonebrowser can be used on a mac also (not sure...windows user) Um do a little research on what other mac users are using to ssh into their phones then hit me up via PM and I'll help u out further there. Its super e-z'er than u think. once we get in the phone its a 30 sec. process.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
    Oh ok my apologies those programs are for windows. But then again I think iphonebrowser can be used on a mac also (not sure...windows user) Um do a little research on what other mac users are using to ssh into their phones then hit me up via PM and I'll help u out further there. Its super e-z'er than u think. once we get in the phone its a 30 sec. process.
    anyone with a mac able to help me out a little more?

i use cyberduck, there are other ones but i have never had problems, through installer make sure you have bsdsubsystem and openssh installed, then click open connection (on cyberduck) scroll to ssh, type in your phones ip address for the server, then username "root" password "alpine" first login will take 30 seconds or so, but you should be in after that

I'd like to use the halo 3 bar dialer theme but i have no clue how to get started.

Could someone get me started in the right direction? But i am using a PC and my iphone 3G is already jailbroken with Quickpwn
    Last edited by STRIPER; 2008-10-06 at 01:32 AM.