Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The number bubble above mail, etc does not change

Default The number bubble above mail, etc does not change
    Ok, i wish i can use the search function but i don't know what you call the number bubble alert above some apps.

For example, on mail you get (1) when you have 1 new mail.

So heres my problem, i got a newly jailbroken 1.1.4 with ziphone. I installed summerboard and themes but the number bubble doesn't change. It is still the default look the iphone is shipped with. How do you change that?

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBBadgeBG.png Thats the location & SBBadgedBG is the name ur lookin 4. Just go in there and swap it out and ur set!

Here is a good place to start if u just got ur phone http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page It has TONS of info and u'll be a pro and know all the names in no time. There is also a few badges in the d/l section of the board if u didnt know already. Good Luck!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Yea they are just "badges". If you get customize it has a lot you can download right unto your iphone.

@leathaface
    so you want me to change from /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBBadgeBG.png to
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBBadgedBG.png?

Is this a fix for summerboard or is this directly replacing the default badge? Cause i am only having problem with badge not changing to the theme's one.

@adplaya
    i don't want to chnage badge via customize. Shouldn't summerboard be able to change the badge automatically for the themes?

Thanks guys for input but i am still confused

This is to manually change it out. I dont think summerboard has the option to change the badges (at least I never heard of it ding so) only wallpaper,status bar,dock & icons. (I could be wrong but doubt it) So yea just go to that location after u find the badge u want to use and replace the stock one.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think my problem is semi related....my call bubble is pretty much a counter...the number just keeps going up when i make/receive calls...it is really annoying...i have been reading all over and i cant find anyone else with this problem...any suggestions so the number only shows up when i have a voice mail or missed call?
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

I have never heard of that ^. He was asking about changing his bubble to a custom one. As far as ur # just counting everything.......Im sorry I have no idea.