Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Create A Floating Dock?? [Asking]

Default Create A Floating Dock?? [Asking]
    Hey, does anyone know how to create a floatinf dock? Like other than the basic rectangular one? I mean I know the size of it, But I want it to be kinda floating.

See images for better details please. See how there sort of leaning back so to speak? Well any help like what steps to do it....Im using Paint.net BTW. I dont have photoshop, but if the steps are similar then I can probably just use them in PDN. Thanx in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -file.png   -nes2.png  
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im guessing the best way is to make the black part of the image transparent. I know the dock supports transparency because I have a slightly transparent one.

it would be one hell of a work to be done with paint. photoshop may do this in 1 minute once you got ur idea
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Green Apple
    Thanks

GIMP should do the trick.

I'm not using the stock paint from windows its a program "photoshop-like" called paint.net just a free version its also very similar to gimp. But do any of u have the steps to do this?
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Use the magic wand to select the part that you want transparent, then hit delete. It works for GIFs, but im not sure about PNGs.

I understand what ur saying and thanx for ur input, but thats not exactly telling me the steps to create what im looking for. Maybe im being to vague....If I have a regular picture and I resize it to the proper size....now I have a rectangle where do I go from there to create that "floating" look?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you trying to change the perspective?

For example: This

Turns into this (but with a black bar at the top)
    Last edited by Puka1701; 2008-05-10 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Puka1701 For This Useful Post:

LeathaFace (2008-05-10)

To a certain extent yes. But the pix I posted at the top appear to have a black border but if u click on them and open them there transparent. But like I said yea something like that. But like if I had an image and didnt want to lose any of it by cutting out the corners, how would I go about it?
    Heres a shot of the pic im tryin to use..to turn into ^ the above posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dock2.png  
    Last edited by LeathaFace; 2008-05-10 at 03:42 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, I can do that with GIMP's perspective tool. For some reason, your attachment won't load...

Dude I think I got it I kinda just studied the pics u drew and made a cut out (triangle) on te left and right sides. Dont know if this is the process but it kinda gave the effect I was lookin for. LOL. Guess It was a lil e'z er than I thought. I wouldnt have gotten it if u werent replying so thanx! Heres what I came up with...It can be a lil cleaner but the lasso tool is kinda hard to use, I'll clean up the rest 2morrow.

Just read ur post..umm try right clicking it then opening it in a new window if it doesnt show up here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dock.png  
    Last edited by LeathaFace; 2008-05-10 at 04:01 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That should work. Glad to be of assistance.