Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easiest way of getting themes to iphone

Exclamation Easiest way of getting themes to iphone
    sorry to have to ask like this but what is the easiest way to get summerboard themes i download to my iphone???

1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2007-11-20 at 02:24 AM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

benthez (2007-11-24), hookerpuncher (2007-11-10), titeo (2007-11-10), vishnuvenky (2007-11-10)

hey thanks broomhead. That was short and to the point. But I've read somewhere on here that we need to install another app for us to delete things off our phone if we didn't want it. Can you elaborate more on this please?

what program do we install on are computer where do we get it??

cheers broomhead, but i dont understand how to do step 3

So far i have everything i need to get a theme on my phone... But the thing is.. When i get off work im going to do the Ssh thing.. But how would we go about to delete files off our phones?

You right click on the file, and select delete.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    You right click on the file, and select delete.

Reako
    Yes,Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos8988 View Post
    what program do we install on are computer where do we get it??
    Go to http://versiontracker.com/php/qs.php...=all&submit=Go

If this helps you, Then Please thank me
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2007-11-10 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

a good ssh app to use for windows is winSCP once you get the bsd subsystem and then openssh and the other package it might take up to 10min or so for the ssh to authenticate key's it did for mine but now it works pretty good

I would reccommend iPhoneBrowser. Use the dropdown menu to get to the Summerboard themes. Right click on themes, create a folder, add the wallpaper, dock, and status bar if they are included. Then right click on that newly created folder make a new folder named Icons, then just add the icons and your done.

I personally agree with ajl, iPhoneBrowser is the easiest interface with the simplest way to drag and drop.

Reako

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me? how do i put themes/icons onto my iphone that i have downloaded
    Cheers
    Sam

my pc is windows, can i use this?

This discussion is based on Windows...

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by leigh1201 View Post
    my pc is windows, can i use this?
    iPhoneBrowser works great with Windows...

Using iPhoneBrowser, if the theme is already in a SummerBoard format (with the right files and an Icons folder) you can just drag and drop the entire folder into the Themes folder on the phone to copy everything.

yo ajl917 i did wat u said and .. the theme has the wallpaper but doesnt have the icons

I see there are 3 different downloads for the iPhonebrowser App here at MMi
    iPhoneBrowser(install)v1.1
    iPhoneBrowser(exe)v1.1
    iPhoneBrowser (exe only)

Which one do I use?
    Does this work on FW 1.0.2?
    This doesn't require WiFi does it?

Many thanks!
    Derek

Go to google. And google iPhoneBroswer v1.4. Thats the newest version. It works with any jailbroken iPhone, and does not need a Wi-Fi connection.

Reako

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

DoubleD (2007-11-20)

^^ Thanks Reako!

Do you know if its possible to to edit a Summerboard theme currently on my phone, say I liked the Icon Set but wanted to change just the wallpaper? Can I just move a new wallpaper into that theme's folder and just chose to replace it.

Thanks!
    Derek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast