Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard/theme newb. Help!

Default Summerboard/theme newb. Help!
    Alright, after spending some time browsing forums and guides I can't seem to find an answer to what should be a simple thing...how do I get summerboard? I use Cydia, not Installer so please toss me a different route if there is one. I'm aware this is a pretty stupid question so be gentle with me...I bruise easy. Thanks in advance

Nobody can help me here? I've scoured every guide I can find, read related threads and even browsed other websites and I still can't get an answer...everyone just assumes you're using installer or magically already have it installed. I'll even be on AIM under dark paladin98 if anybody wants to contact me that way. Please help

Getting progressively more irritated. Is there no one on these forums that can answer my question?
    Last edited by ravenor; 2008-05-10 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

B4 u hurt somebody lets just take a deep breath ..........Ok now I am not currently or ever used Cydia so I wouldnt know how to go about installing it through there BUT I do have a few "suggestions"
    1. Why not use installer e-z'est way ever...Dont kill me
    2. If u dont/cant do that then u would have to manually install it.
    2b. You have to find a download of the latest summerboard and throw it in ur applications folder.
    2c. If u cant find a d/l of it have someone here upload it from there phone then just apply it.

Hopefully one of these methods work 4 u.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

finn45202 (2008-05-13)

Haha won't hurt you. Cydia and installer don't get along from what I'm told. I found and downloaded the summerboard files to my PC but honestly have no clue what goes where in the phone.

So far I've tried Ibrickr which doesn't work because it can't seem to install the PXL portion that it needs. I can't install installer because I can't figure out what file goes where. I can't install summerboard(my reason for doing all of this) because I can't get installer or ibrickr to work, and can't figure out where to put the files myself. I do have both Installer and Summerboard sitting on my PC desktop...just can't figure out where to put what. Can someone please help me out here. I'm on AIM under the screen name listed in my first post.
    Last edited by ravenor; 2008-05-11 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

installer and cydia work fine together.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Ok good to know. Now how do I get installer on my phone without re-jailbreaking? Detailed help appreciated

Just as an update, I managed to move the files from my PC to their places in the phone...but something isnt quite right. I have the icons for both installer and summerboard, but when I try to start either, it looks like it tries to open, then pops back to springboard
    Last edited by ravenor; 2008-05-11 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm in the same boat, trying to get summerboard in cydia. Can I run iLiberty in the same fashion as when I first jailbroke it, but this time add the Installer app, without having to fully restore it? Can I just rerun iLiberty with the addition of the Installer repo?

Much thanks in advance!

Finn

Default cut and paste photo's???
    I'm new, well my better half is at this. Can anyone out there in the Iphone world help me on how I would be able to cut and paste photo's sent to the Iphone or in my photos, or web site ( save as ). Also I see alot of talk about " iLiberty, cydia, etc..how do i find out whats the IPhone running to or with? Rookie in need...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THEREUGO View Post
    I'm new, well my better half is at this. Can anyone out there in the Iphone world help me on how I would be able to cut and paste photo's sent to the Iphone or in my photos, or web site ( save as ). Also I see alot of talk about " iLiberty, cydia, etc..how do i find out whats the IPhone running to or with? Rookie in need...
    This is not on topic.. start a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by finn45202 View Post
    I'm in the same boat, trying to get summerboard in cydia. Can I run iLiberty in the same fashion as when I first jailbroke it, but this time add the Installer app, without having to fully restore it? Can I just rerun iLiberty with the addition of the Installer repo?

Much thanks in advance!

Finn
    Yes you should be able to re-run iLiberty (JUST JAILBREAK) with the installer payload and be just fine.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-05-13 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cool Solution
    hey guyys.. Dont worry.. Il help u.. Ok so in Cydia, just find installer and install it. And now, you will have both Cydia and installer.. And install summerboard or customize from installer. Simple as that

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprinter_Malta For This Useful Post:

suuz1971 (2008-05-29)