Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO show battery charging screen always???

Thanks
    Default HOW TO show battery charging screen always???
    This is really driving me crazy... . Here I've spent hours and hours to find, mod, etc, a really great looking battery charging icon/screen image. But only to find that I can only see it for about 1 sec before the screen goes black...

So my question to this forum is: does anyone know how to turn off the black screensaver when in charging state, or in other words, how to show the battery charging screen at all times when having the iphone connected to the dock/charging cord??

I think I've looked around EVERYWHERE - this beats me...

To me this is the million dollar question. So please PLEASE help any clever brother or sister out there.

THANKS!

/S
    Last edited by sune; 2008-05-07 at 03:15 PM.

Well, if you turn off the auto-lock feature of the phone, when you're charging it the phone will never turn off.

Derrrrrr. Probably the worst request I have ever read.

Reako

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Really... I don't find myself staring at my iphone when it's charging.. but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
    Well, if you turn off the auto-lock feature of the phone, when you're charging it the phone will never turn off.
    u're wrong. he's talking about the lock screen. not the home screen

and also, why not? how many times did u wanted to check if the iphone is charged while in bed or smthin and u couldnt coz u had to get up ? it would seem a really cool addition to boss prefs or sysinfo..
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    u're wrong. he's talking about the lock screen. not the home screen

and also, why not? how many times did u wanted to check if the iphone is charged while in bed or smthin and u couldnt coz u had to get up ? it would seem a really cool addition to boss prefs or sysinfo..
    I can back that up... setting autolock to never doesn't affect the lock screen.

Thanks
    Ok. Just to clarify. Yes, I'm talking about the lock screen - not the home screen (setting autolock to never only affects the home screen as mentioned).

The thing is that I, both at work and at home, keep my iPhone in a dock. I'd like to look at it from time to time to see my great battery charger, as well as (as also mentioned) when using it as my alarm clock at my bedside, see the time.

I've found answers to everything I can think of in this forum and others, but not this...

Anyone?

Thanks again.

/S
    Last edited by sune; 2008-05-08 at 10:56 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't is said that if you leave the same image on the screen of a device for a long period of time it burns it into the screen. Couldn't this happen if it is aloud to stay on?

But this does sound interesting. I would like it at times.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    Isn't is said that if you leave the same image on the screen of a device for a long period of time it burns it into the screen. Couldn't this happen if it is aloud to stay on?

That might be true. But, should it not be the same for the "normal" autolock never then (for the springboard)? Should'nt that should also burn the pixels to the screen...?

This is what I have in the dock today, showing home screen/springboard all day.

• 1st gen iPhone
    • FW 2.2
    • QuickPwned!
    • Telia in Sweden

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sune View Post
    That might be true. But, should it not be the same for the "normal" autolock never then (for the springboard)? Should'nt that should also burn the pixels to the screen...?

This is what I have in the dock today, showing home screen/springboard all day.
    Deffinatly, and the more you do it, the more prone you are to lower the life span of your screen and battery. I think the phone still draws power from the battery rather the AC... Just an assumption that I heard somewhere, but could be wrong about that...
    But I think I happens less these days though... They have prevention for it now.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks
    Ok, but now I feel we've stalled here...

So no one knows the trick for this, is that it...?

/S

• 1st gen iPhone
    • FW 2.2
    • QuickPwned!
    • Telia in Sweden

I'd like to know as well.........

I too would like do know this. I like to have the option that when the phone is on it never turns off automatically when charging but displays the screen it is on, I.e the phone screen if that is what you choose, but you can manually switch the phone off.
    When I have the phone in the charging cradle in my car I like to be able to have it on all the time. I had this feature on my win mobile phone andwould just like to know if it would be possible on the iPhone?

About the image being burned into the screen. The old monochrome monitors had that problem but that's probably before most of ya alls time. The monitors and screens have a much faster refresh rate that this is not really an issue. As for the battery screen always on. I to would like to be able to do this. with one extra ability that after a set amount of time it dims so at night it is a soft glow not airplane landing light bright. One of you amazing hackers should be able to wright an App that is controlled through settings to do dat.

sigh. is it me or have all of the responses so far been a bit dense!

he wants the lock screen to show the battery even when it is not on charge.

he says nothing about the screen never turning off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewrotherham View Post
    sigh. is it me or have all of the responses so far been a bit dense!

he wants the lock screen to show the battery even when it is not on charge.

he says nothing about the screen never turning off!!!
    umm you are the dense one here...

wow... good insult.

i was just pointing out that if you look at the message from more than one perspective it can mean many things. but i guess that is a dense view to take.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just love how people make fun of someone because they don't see what the person is asking to be useful. Who cares? If its not useful to you it doesn;t mean that it is not worthy of being done...

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post

You aren;t going to get burn-in on an LCD screen...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Some people read different than others.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2008-11-07 at 06:58 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

It isn't possible yet. Nuff said.

Reako

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast