Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO show battery charging screen always???

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i know this is a somewhat old thread now but wouldn't the screen then technically never turn off if you had auto-lock set to never and the battery screen would always be displayed even when not in the charger? i.e.

current settings: in charger, displays battery charging for a little while then goes to black, out of charger, briefly displays lock screen then goes to black until you unlock it

new settings(hypothetical): in charger, displays battery charging and never goes to black, out of charger, displays lock screen and possibly goes to black until you unlock it depending on how code is written

so this would mean that the screen is active much more frequently which immediately starts draining the battery faster since it is always on? thus making you have to recharge the battery more often and shortening its life as well as unknown effects of having the screen on much more often?

EDIT: to you who said you would like to be able to look at your phone from bed and check if it is charged, i don't know if your iphone is like mine but i go from 10% battery remaining to full charge in less than 1hr, so chances are if you are in bed you are either planning on sleeping(probably longer than 1hr) or you are just relaxing in which case you are most likely going to be something different than constantly checking your phone to see if it is charged.

i propose a solution, leave the screen off except a small portion in the corner that can display red, yellow, or green pixels just to indicate charge status? this may solve the problem you are worried about

now the question is, is it possible to only activate a portion of the screen, we know it is possible to activate only portions of the screen to touch but can it be activated to display graphics on only a portion and leave the rest off or at least black so it lessens the chances of harming hardware components or shortening the life of others.
    Last edited by alexevo; 2009-01-03 at 11:37 PM. Reason: add more material

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    now the question is, is it possible to only activate a portion of the screen, we know it is possible to activate only portions of the screen to touch but can it be activated to display graphics on only a portion and leave the rest off or at least black so it lessens the chances of harming hardware components or shortening the life of others.
    I don't think this is possible, I believe the backlight on the phone lights the entire phone. So I don't think there'd be a way to just light up a small section...

This sort of hack would really help the usefulness of IntelliScreen. It would be nice to view this when my phone is in its cradle without having to keep pressing the Home button.

two years later and no one has come up with anything? really? really?

Join the club. I've been trying to find out for some time how you can display the battery on the lock screen and the home screen. This way you can integrate either an image, or just the damn percentage number, into your theme. So for those of us who have an iPod Touch, we wouldn't even need to see anything in the status bar.

finally.....springtomize version 1.0 has this feature...where you can display the live lockscreen battery image along with your wallpaper in the background.

the tweak has a lot of bugs, the feature disappeared after a day...wierd. and the future versions (as of now 1.1) still has the feature missing from the settings

so should we count that as a resolution? doesn't sound like it. thanks though

yes, i have the battery present on my lockscreen where ever i go, charged or not, with the wallpaper in the back, no respring required to change the wallpaper

springtomize v1.0

here are some screenshots ::

as you can see, my ipod is not plugged in
    Last edited by mrmyco; 2011-03-18 at 12:24 AM.

I want to put battery on lock screen when its not charging like you did with springtomize, but i want to know if is there some other way of doing this. springtomize makes icons in my multitasker 2 close to each other so they overlay on each other, and i dont like it :S Help pls

Quote Originally Posted by didlika View Post
    I want to put battery on lock screen when its not charging like you did with springtomize, but i want to know if is there some other way of doing this. springtomize makes icons in my multitasker 2 close to each other so they overlay on each other, and i dont like it :S Help pls
    have you tried turning off the custom number in app switcher options

I've made lots of custom batteries, and often I wanted to look at them on the screen (without the 5 second limit).

I take a screenshot of the battery and then just look at it in my photos app. This way I can look at numerous battery mods in a simple swipe without having to respring or mess with WinterBoard.

It's non-functional, but at lease I get to stare at it until I'm sick of looking at it

I hope you're aware that tweaks like "Dim Delay" exist now? It allows you to customize the sleep time for the lockscreen

How do you do turn off the custom number in app switcher options?

Settings>springtomize>app switcher>turn off custom number

also i did some research, it appears the app switcher has a bug present where you cant disable the custom, hoped to be fixed in the near future

Get the latest version of springtomize!!! (in cydia)
    There are two options you can make use of, to always show the lockscreen wallpaper (even when charging) abd to always show the battery (even when not charging).
    Using both gives the appearance of the lockscreen wallpaper and battery being the same weather on charge or not!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12