Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! i need help!!!!!

Default Help! i need help!!!!!
    i tried to add to my iphone (1.1.1 jailbroken,) mario part them. so i used the cyberduck to conect. i download the mario party them, then in the folder i find 4 folders 1 applications, 2 library, 3 system, 4 var
    i could succesfuly instal the library and var folders, i cheked in my iphon and in the summerboard i had the mario paty theam i tried and it worked....
    the problem was that i notice that the weather app didnt change nor the numers to dial , so i installed them by independense, so the original .app were replaced .
    when i turned to my iphone i tried to click on the wheater icon and didnt wor (i though o i fuked the wheather icon) but what i realized was that i couldnt click anywar... i onli could change from the page 1 of incns to the page 2 of icons .
    and the big icon in the left bottom of the screen disaper (the one of teh phone)
    so i will need help i thinck taht is some one could pass me the original
    MobilePhone.app and Weather.app it will be ok??
    any answer?
    please help i feel very stupid.!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am still conected to teh iphone via cyberduck and independense

ps sorry about my english
    Last edited by ragulla; 2007-11-06 at 10:59 PM.

Go to the files you changed and make sure the Octals are all set to 0755.
    Make sure that both the files and the folder they are in are all set to 0755, this is the equivalent to "open".

mmmm i really dont know what u are talking about, sorry.
    i must use itunes to restore or is not necesary????

Are you running Windows, or Mac?

Windows, use "WinSCP", for Mac, use the Mac Terminal after installing SSH on the iPhone.

An "Octal" code is used to set permission to a file or folder.
    You can also use the "Rights" code, which is in a format much like this "rwxrwxrwx"
    These are the two type of permission codes used for allowing files to be executed.

Last edited by Broomhead; 2007-11-07 at 07:11 AM.

First, you will need to log onto the phones IP address through SSH, then you will get a picture something like this

Right click one at a time and go to properties, and change the Octals to all files to "0755" as in the picture below.

For the walkthru on using WinSCP, you should try a search, its pretty easy to find and use.
    Last edited by GutZ31; 2007-11-07 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GutZ31 View Post
    First, you will need to log onto the phones IP address through SSH, then you will get a picture something like this

Right click one at a time and go to properties, and change the Octals to all files to "0755" as in the picture below.

For the walkthru on using WinSCP, you should try a search, its pretty easy to find and use.
    thenx it was very usefull

glad i could help.