Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any way to change background of sms window?

Default any way to change background of sms window?
    I was wondering if there was any way to change the background of the sms window to black, so that the chat bubbles are on a black background basically.

here's a very rough idea of what i mean...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sms.jpg  

could it be the image file FST_BG.png?

I don't have my iphone docked right now. Open jailbreak and from the command prompt look at all the files in /Applications/MobileSMS.app/ Then download the iphone-pics zip file that has all the stock images and take a look at all the pngs in that directory and see if it's there. Just an idea...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btallada9870 View Post
    I was wondering if there was any way to change the background of the sms window to black, so that the chat bubbles are on a black background basically.

here's a very rough idea of what i mean...
    What does the italian part translate too exactly because a favorite song of mine has a couple of those words in it

I think I might have found it just looking at the png files... try MessageEntryBG.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farani View Post
    could it be the image file FST_BG.png?

I don't have my iphone docked right now. Open jailbreak and from the command prompt look at all the files in /Applications/MobileSMS.app/ Then download the iphone-pics zip file that has all the stock images and take a look at all the pngs in that directory and see if it's there. Just an idea...
    FST_BG.png is the file in the SpringBoard.app/ section which changes the top Bar (where the battery and signal icons are) when the iPhone is on lock mode. =)

FST_BG.png = Lock mode
    FSO_BG.png = HomeScreen
    Default_BG.png = All other screens (Text, Safari, Mail, etc.)

hope this help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Farani View Post
    I think I might have found it just looking at the png files... try MessageEntryBG.png
    MessageEntryBG.png SEEMs to be the right file but when you try it out, you'll see the image for a sec, and then its back to the original. I think the 'MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork' file has something to do with this. If anyone can open this file, it would be much appreciated. I think this would solve the solution of a full skin modification for the iPhone. =) I may be wrong though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to itzwiL For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (2007-07-29)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

MessageEntryBG.png changes the background of the message input field. It's that bar across the bottom behind the text field.