Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Need Help Shhing A Keyboard(s).......

Default I Need Help Shhing A Keyboard(s).......
    I am having some trouble shhing a new apple keyboard that i downloaded from this site. someone here told me how to and i did what they said but nothing changed(thank god). why is because then someone else told me that i need to save my old keyboard 1st so i didnt lose it and could always go back to orig. so if it had worked then i would be assed out one day. so basically i have been getting bits and pieces from people here and cant seem to get anything to work. i want a new looking keyboard bad...please..if someone can please tell me step by step on how to install keyboards that would be great. i also have no idea how to back up my files shh. so im pretty lost. i have a 1.1.4 jail/ziphone

ok i just tried the apple keyboard made for 1.1.4 and followed his instructions to tee and still nothing work. after i open ulikit (something like it) and copyed both files there next to english folder,german folder etc.....and nothing. am i supposed to drop them else where......lmk
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 2008-04-26 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

if your using mac then you can drag and drop any file with you choosen sftp app. or there should be a "get" button
    the file loction of the keyboard on 1.1.4 is:
    system/libary/frameworks/UIKit.framework
    and replace the files.
    simple as.

sorry i am using windows xp...also what do you mean by replace files???? when i drop files do they automaticaly over write or do i have to do something else,..

Yea they automatically overwrite them. What program do u use to ssh? anyway yea just go to that location and drop the keyboard-common.artwork and keyboard latin.artwork in system/library/frameworks/uikit then if neccassary give ur phonea quick restart and it should show up, make sure the keyboard u d/l'ed is for 1.1.4 b-cuz all versions have different artwork files, maybe u got one for another firmware, check and let me know how u make out
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

coachballfirm (2008-04-26)

ok i am going to try this now....i use winscp to shh....so i dont put both folders in then i just take out those 2 files and copy those 2 over right...

man it work... I am typing this message thru it now... Thanks your the man bro...
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 2008-04-26 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no prob bob! glad u got it workin'
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.