Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change the caller pad background in 1.1.4?

Default How to change the caller pad background in 1.1.4?
    Hello, I'm trying to change the default background image of the call keypad...I've discovered a guide over the net but it's for an old firmware, so isn't good anymore. Anyone can help me? To understand what I want to change more clear, this is the guide which I'm talking: http://www.hackthatphone.com/73/ipho...e_windows.html

Can someone help me? Which file I've to change, now? I've searched the forum but I'm not sure what I've to search, I've only found thread about changing the keypad itself, not the background...

Any help will be very appreciated!

On 1.1.4 you need to edit artwork file.

How to edit artwork file
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Edi..._artwork_files

File you need to edit
    /Applications/MobilePhone.app/MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork

Other picts files in MobilePhone.app you can edit by picture editor program.

ty for the reply. I've unpacked that file and changed the artwork number 30, i think I've to change it...so I've done a new number 30 with the image i want, I've followed the guide but nothing changed...plus the packed file it's still of the same dimension...so I'm not sure if it has changed the image with the new one...someone can help me?

When up import all the images you must have the original MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file that you exported the images from outside the pngs folder. Then when you import the images the new MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file will be located in the pngs folder. This is the file you need to drop back in to the mobilephone app folder. The file should be the same size as before. The only way to test if it has worked is to simply move the newly created MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file back outside the pngs folder, empty the pngs folder and export them again and check that your new file 30 is in there. if so you can upload to phone. If not youve done something wrong lol. I have done this a twice now with the buuf dialler and the retro dialler to make the incall box, with the mute, speakerphone etc a little more transparent.

Hope this has helped you a little, if your still getting probs send it over and ill have a go for you.

Quote Originally Posted by djmace View Post
    When up import all the images you must have the original MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file that you exported the images from outside the pngs folder. Then when you import the images the new MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file will be located in the pngs folder. This is the file you need to drop back in to the mobilephone app folder. The file should be the same size as before. The only way to test if it has worked is to simply move the newly created MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file back outside the pngs folder, empty the pngs folder and export them again and check that your new file 30 is in there. if so you can upload to phone. If not youve done something wrong lol. I have done this a twice now with the buuf dialler and the retro dialler to make the incall box, with the mute, speakerphone etc a little more transparent.

Hope this has helped you a little, if your still getting probs send it over and ill have a go for you.
    Hi again, firts of all: thank you, I've not noticed that the new files was placed in the png's folder. I've successfully replaced that image, but I've another problem now: I've installed Caterpillar. With the option Smart Dialer on, the caller keypad is different, but isn't located in that artwork, so I can change only the one that I don't use. Maybe you know where's the file I'm talking about too?

trying to do this as well, I have tried every version available of iphoneshop and terminal says its unable to access iphoneshop... what am i doing wrong here?