Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: summerboard themes not showing fix without useing ibricker or any ssh client

Default summerboard themes not showing fix without useing ibricker or any ssh client
    Sorry if this is a bit scatterd looking i do things better by showing and i dont post on forums that often but i was so happy when i figuered it out that i had to share

Ive recently fixed my problems with summerboard 3.2 on my 1.1.4 iphone should work the same with ipod touch not sure dont have one to try it on

Note: this helped me fix permissions for the themes to be veiwed in the themes section of the summerboard application i was able to install it but the themes wouldnt show up there not event the default ones

hope this helps

its the permissions if you havent figured that out and you can go in and set them up manualy by downloading the mobilefinder app from ste and by going to the following file names and tapping the modify button on the bottom middle of the finder app (i chose to select in the groups owner group and everyone all the following permissions; read, write, and exec) you may not have to choose them all but thats what i did and it worked after so the folder names are in reverse order summerboard then hit the up button at the top left, then the same modify routine with library, and up again, then with mobile the same permissions, then up again, now var modify those permissions, then up once again,then finally private set those permissions the same as i did above. click the home button and the summerboard theams should appear and work hope it helps

(Caution this may not be the most secure solution but it works)
    p.s.
    im not responsable for any damages that occor to your iphone or ipod touch its your choice and you can allways set them back later if you want.

Henteimaster

Default ive been told i wasnt clear on the folder names
    here are the foldernames in order from the root dir
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes
    youll need to modify the permissions for each then it will work
    do you smell smoke

3. The Following User Says Thank You to henteimaster For This Useful Post:

the blues (2008-06-14)