Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do you put themes on a iphone?

Default how do you put themes on a iphone?
    i couldnt find the answer so decided to post it here how do you put themes on a iphone and how do you make new ones?

1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

is that how u make them to?

I am trying to figure out how to do this.. do u have aim or something so I can talk to u as i do it?
    Last edited by IphoneGirl84; 2008-04-12 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Awsome BroomHEad now what about the likes of this theme how do I install this one I dont know if its summerboard or what?? http://www.iphonethemeworld.com/iPho...ese_Green.aspx
    THanx for helpn us newbs

Quote Originally Posted by Milce View Post
    Awsome BroomHEad now what about the likes of this theme how do I install this one I dont know if its summerboard or what?? http://www.iphonethemeworld.com/iPho...ese_Green.aspx
    THanx for helpn us newbs
    Download it. It's a summerboard theme

what if i am using winterboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal6 View Post
    what if i am using winterboard?
    How to SFTP Winterboard themes

1. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

2. install winterboard
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (MAC FuGu--Wiki Guide / PC WinSCP--Wiki Guide)

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Winterboard themes go in /Library/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

soo all in all say you wanted to put that theme on your jailbroken phone what EXACTLY would you dooo....

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you jailbroken? Then you just have to start Cydia and install Winterboard. Find the theme you want in Cydia, download it, exit out of Cydia and start Winterboard. The theme will show up in Winterboard and all you have to do is check it off by touching its name and exit out of Winterboard. Then your phone will respring and you will have your theme.

Thanks guys for your reply but I finally got it after I switch SFTPs wasn't showing me the right folders

yeah Reacko obviously i tried it already b4 posting here...not to mention whats the point of the forum if theres google? should just shut this **** down now it got every damn answer o right it a search tool the answers r still here (Y)

im a newbie a little help please are the themes uploaded the same way on the 2.2 firmware as said in this forum as the 1.1.4 firmware

could someone help me to install a theme on a jailbroken iphone please my firmware version is 2.2
    Last edited by tysonx; 2008-12-01 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

fatrixcartmen111 (2009-03-07), primalscream.40 (2009-07-10)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonx View Post
    im a newbie a little help please are the themes uploaded the same way on the 2.2 firmware as said in this forum as the 1.1.4 firmware

could someone help me to install a theme on a jailbroken iphone please my firmware version is 2.2
    • Open up Cydia.
    • Download a program called Winterboard.
    • Browse through the Sections tab in Cydia and you will find tons of themes.
    • Download a theme and then exit out of Cydia.
    • From your springboard, launch Winterboard and your theme will show up there.
    • Touch the theme name so that it gets a checkmark next to it.
    • Exit out of Winterboard and it will load.

thanksfor ur help chaos

Green Apple
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Thanks

I have done all of the above but when i open winterboard i do not see mt summerfeild ( buuf2 ) or springboard. I just upgrade my phone from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 . I use to use smbprefs can you help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!