Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Double Post bug thread

  1. #1
    Forum Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Default Double Post bug thread
    Post bugs/issues related to the double bug issue here.
    Last edited by Simon; 2015-04-27 at 01:53 AM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    NewD (2015-04-26), Simon (2015-04-27), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-26)

  3. #2
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Is the double post thing happening just in news threads now?

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Is the double post thing happening just in news threads now?
    Unsure, but it's still happening for sure.

  5. #4
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,712
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Is the double post thing happening just in news threads now?
    Nope. All threads (randomly).. Not as bad as it was last fall.. Then no double posts at all Jan- Feb - March.. April - back but lesser instances.

    And by double posting.. I mean also that bug where you hit Post and it takes you to the warning window that you can't post 2 in less than 30 secs..

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    SpiderManAPV (2015-04-26), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-27)

  7. #5
    Forum Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Unsure, but it's still happening for sure.
    Seems to be getting worse too.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    NewD (2015-04-26)

  9. #6
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    And by double posting.. I mean also that bug where you hit Post and it takes you to the warning window that you can't post 2 in less than 30 secs..
    That's not a bug. That's a forum feature to stop spam bots from going nuts with posts in a short amount of time.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-26), Bo Troxell (2015-04-26), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-27)

  11. #7
    Forum Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Nope. All threads (randomly).. Not as bad as it was last fall.. Then no double posts at all Jan- Feb - March.. April - back but lesser instances.

    And by double posting.. I mean also that bug where you hit Post and it takes you to the warning window that you can't post 2 in less than 30 secs..
    It's been an on going issue for months, and it shows a pop up saying, "are you sure you want to leave page". Never had the 30 second warning. Perhaps for members only.

  12. #8
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    It's been an on going issue for months, and it shows a pop up saying, "are you sure you want to leave page". Never had the 30 second warning. Perhaps for members only.
    That isn't really a MMi issue. That happens to me on Chrome if I started typing something then pressed refresh or something similar.

    browser - How can I disable "Are you sure you want to leave this page" popups in Chrome? - Super User

  13. #9
    Forum Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    I use Firefox.


    That pop-up comes from the website code, not from Firefox. If you keep visiting sites that have such rude behavior, then you will keep getting that message. You
    should complain to whoever manages the website. Disabling javascript on such pages will also disable that message.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-26)

  15. #10
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    My problem is that when I make a post on the website it kicks me to the editing page telling me I posted in the last 30 seconds when I obviously haven't. I wait until the timer runs out, click to post again, and I then have two identical posts.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  16. #11
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,712
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That's not a bug. That's a forum feature to stop spam bots from going nuts with posts in a short amount of time.
    Sorry.. yes, I know that.. I communicated poorly.. I meant the 'double post bug', on the forum while on computer, presents itself by showing you the warning message even when you, personally, haven't really posted again in under 30 sec.. I've never had an 'actual double post' be made while on computer. That seems confined to the app. The bug, on computer, exhibits itself, by when you're writing a post.. and click on "Post Quick Reply" it'll show you the "Leave Page or Stay on Page" dialog box. That's an impossible loop to get out of until you hit LEAVE PAGE - then that action will take you to the 30 second warning page - immediately.. as if you were about to post for a 2nd time. Your only 'out' is to close window or hit a bookmark link taking you back into your Subscribed Threads where you'll see that the Post Quick Reply action you clicked on actually DID work.. it's the just the 'refresh' of the screen thinks you're trying to post again..

    That's always how the bug has presented to me on my computer in Firefox.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-27)

  18. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,423
    Thanks
    709
    Thanked 308 Times in 220 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    My problem is that when I make a post on the website it kicks me to the editing page telling me I posted in the last 30 seconds when I obviously haven't. I wait until the timer runs out, click to post again, and I then have two identical posts.
    When I get the 30 sec warning, I hit Cancel. That way no double post.

  19. #13
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,712
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Default [POLL] Did Your Apple Watch Come Today?
    Just happened now....


  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-26), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-27)

  21. #14
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,712
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That isn't really a MMi issue. That happens to me on Chrome if I started typing something then pressed refresh or something similar.
    I don't agree that's it's 'not' an MMi issue. That never happened to me in Chrome or Firefox since I joined MMi.. The Stay/Leave screen for me has always been accompanied, as Bo stated, by, if you hit Stay on Page it gives you the 30 sec double post warning.. wait 30 sec and you get the double post.. The Stay/Leave screen never once appeared for me before the double post bug and doesn't happen on any other website I visit.

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Seems to be getting worse too.
    Today - horrible.. Every post I make.. brings up the STAY/LEAVE and the the 30 sec warning..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-26 at 11:43 PM.

  22. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Just happened now....

    Yup, that's what happens to me whenever I comment. It's rare that it doesn't happen.

    Happened to me just now too:


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-27)

  24. #16
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I use Firefox.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    I don't agree that's it's 'not' an MMi issue. That never happened to me in Chrome or Firefox since I joined MMi.. The Stay/Leave screen for me has always been accompanied, as Bo stated, by, if you hit Stay on Page it gives you the 30 sec double post warning.. wait 30 sec and you get the double post.. The Stay/Leave screen never once appeared for me before the double post bug and doesn't happen on any other website I visit.

    Today - horrible.. Every post I make.. brings up the STAY/LEAVE and the the 30 sec warning..
    Didn't mean it only happens in chrome. Just saying it isn't MMi specific, or even browser specific. I've seen this message appear on facebook before personally. And not causing the double post bug I don't believe. It may be a symptom of the double post bug though.

    Are you sure you want to leave this page? - PC Advisor


    In any case it is obviously a plugin that is causing this problem. Which is something only admins can see and change. Either Kyle/Cody haven't figured out which plugin is causing it or they know which plugin is causing it but can't or don't want to remove it so are trying to find a work around. That would be my guess anyway.

  25. #17
    Forum Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    I get the same pop up that Anthony posted.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-27)

  27. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Didn't mean it only happens in chrome. Just saying it isn't MMi specific, or even browser specific. I've seen this message appear on facebook before personally. And not causing the double post bug I don't believe. It may be a symptom of the double post bug though.

    Are you sure you want to leave this page? - PC Advisor


    In any case it is obviously a plugin that is causing this problem. Which is something only admins can see and change. Either Kyle/Cody haven't figured out which plugin is causing it or they know which plugin is causing it but can't or don't want to remove it so are trying to find a work around. That would be my guess anyway.
    I'm not sure. I use a large variety of vBulletin forums, especially for my Jeep discussions. I never have this same problem on those forums.

  28. #19
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I'm not sure. I use a large variety of vBulletin forums, especially for my Jeep discussions. I never have this same problem on those forums.
    Hmm, wonder if those ones use either a 30 second post protection or the dual news view we have here where a article view is made as well as a forum thread. I was thinking that could cause this issue.
    It may be the 30 second thing but the moderators don't have that limitation like regular members do. I never see that message pop up (the 30 second one). But I and all the other mods still are affected by the double post bug. To me that rules out that being the cause of the problem.

  29. #20
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,712
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Default [POLL] Did Your Apple Watch Come Today?
    Thank for the clarifications, Simon. I'm not sure anyone claimed the Stay/Leave pop up as the 'cause of the double post.. At least for me what I experience is that one never appears without the other. Stay/Leave, for me, only ever happens at ModMyi.. concurrent with double post bug. They're related at MMi.. But "causal".. No clue here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •