Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi app pop-up

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ModMyi app pop-up
    Is there any way to prevent the pop-up that reminds me that there is an app for ModMyi.

I do use it but sometimes when I'm browsing in safari and an article takes me to ModMyi, I don't really want to switch from safari and try to find that article in the app.

Thanks.

Disabling JavaScript in safari may help, but that will disable it for every website which may mess things up. Modmyi are the only ones who can disable it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (2010-10-26)

Thanks

See for example now, waleed replied and I got a mail notification, I click the link from mail app and safari opens rather than the app.

Mail app should know that I have the app and clicking the link should open the app rather than safari.

Not only that, let's say upon clicking the link, safari opens and I get a pop-up that native app is available, now so I hit "ok" and it takes me to the AppStore where it says "installed".

Any fix please?

Taking it to the modmyi app from the mail app is something apple needs to fix, it has nothing to do with modmyi. And it's not an easy fix because it a URL link which will always open in safari. I don't think we can make links that go to an app..vie never heard of that. It does sound like a good idea though..and that "native app" msg only pops up for me on my first visit (after killing the safari process and then opening again). After that, it doesn't come up again. Does it come up for u everytime?

Thanks

I don't know about everytime, but I do have to say "a lot"!

MMI, please just get RID of the goddamned popup. Make it once per IP, or cookie based, or anything that'll stop it popping up every time I visit the ****ing site.