Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Obstructive Ads

Default Obstructive Ads
    Listen I'm gunna be blunt about this. I came to the site today and the ad's were the roll over kind that enlarge and take up your whole screen. The ad prevented me from clicking on the forums section of the site AT ALL. Luckily I knew the URL.

This is really unacceptable and I know I personally mean nothing to this site, but I WILL stop visiting over something like this. Seriously, take into consideration the fairly strict rules on this forum and factor in annoying *** ads and you will see users leave.

I hate to sound like a **** but it really started my day off poorly to see that the advertising was blocking content. If you find that acceptable then this isn't the site for me clearly.

Any admins care to comment and let me know you've even seen my complaint? I'd appreciate it.

Problem noted and we will be taking care of it shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

screenshot of the page and obstructive ad is pretty necessary for us to kill it off

I was going to take a screenshot but I couldn't due to being on a sensitive data work PC.

I believe it was "netfirms". The ad covered the whole navigation bar on the top. I may have over reacted a bit because of how ridiculous the ad was and I'm sure if you saw it you would have pulled it immediately. Anyway it only happened that once but damn was it huge and annoying.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

yeah we try to get rid of the particularly annoying ones as we see em, but we don't always see them.

if you see it again and can grab a screenie that'd be great