Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forbidden 403 errors and Elite Pro iOS4 update

Default Forbidden 403 errors and Elite Pro iOS4 update
    Hi guys,

I have just upgraded it iOS4.01 and Elite Pro is freaking out. I read there was an iOS4 update on modmyi.com but when i try to download it or anything from that site, i get a forbidden 403 error.

Tried resetting my network settings but got nowhere - no matter how many times I try. where can I find the update from? or anyone know how to get passed this error? Is the current Elite Pro theme thats on sale have the iOS4 update built in? Don't mind paying for it again, but don't want to purchase it if I can't download anything from the site. Damn 403. can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

SINC

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

A 403 error means your Cydia account does not show as authorized to purchase that package.

Please forward the exact name of the package you're trying to purchase as well as your Cydia account info to Kyle at modmyi dot com.

And modmyi isn't "that site" it's "this site"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

SINC (2010-08-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    A 403 error means your Cydia account does not show as authorized to purchase that package.

Please forward the exact name of the package you're trying to purchase as well as your Cydia account info to Kyle at modmyi dot com.

And modmyi isn't "that site" it's "this site"
    LOL - hey Kyle - thanks for the msg - sorry i posted in the wrong area - wasn't sure where to put it. I meant this site - typing at some goddly hour of the morning. Appreciate your assistance. Didn't quite understand what the 403 error means... so I'm hoping that it means i'm ok to download/purchase the files I want without any more drama. I'll try purchasing and see what happens. Best to purchase from Cydia or other meathod? SINC

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SINC View Post
    LOL - hey Kyle - thanks for the msg - sorry i posted in the wrong area - wasn't sure where to put it. I meant this site - typing at some goddly hour of the morning. Appreciate your assistance. Didn't quite understand what the 403 error means... so I'm hoping that it means i'm ok to download/purchase the files I want without any more drama. I'll try purchasing and see what happens. Best to purchase from Cydia or other meathod? SINC
    the only way to purchase apps from the cydia store is cydia

^But you can always purchase apps from Rock
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by SINC View Post
    Hi guys,

I have just upgraded it iOS4.01 and Elite Pro is freaking out. I read there was an iOS4 update on modmyi.com but when i try to download it or anything from that site, i get a forbidden 403 error.

Tried resetting my network settings but got nowhere - no matter how many times I try. where can I find the update from? or anyone know how to get passed this error? Is the current Elite Pro theme thats on sale have the iOS4 update built in? Don't mind paying for it again, but don't want to purchase it if I can't download anything from the site. Damn 403. can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

SINC
    I have the exact same problem. I'll gladly pay for it again, great theme. The one for 3.x I had changed the colors around a little so it probably isn't being recognized. Please let us know what happens. I'd send an email to Kyle as well but I'd get bothered by too many emails about the same thing so I'll wait.

Thanks